Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: YACReader Library crashes when using context menu

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3616

kw2p

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi
I am pretty certain that windows is 64 bit and I am sure 64 bit version of YACreader.

Kenny
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3617

kw2p

Fresh Boarder

Hi,
I have discovered what the problem is......

I have a dual monitor display set-up and when I change back to only using one display the program works as expected.
I hope this will help you and this problem can be fixed (I like my dual monitor display set-up)

Kenny

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3618

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Kenny,

thanks a ton for that info :) I was getting a bit frustrated that I could not reproduce the problem …

I will think about how I (or Luis) can replicate your setup and I will check if I can find any info related to this problem in the Qt bug database.

If possible we'd like the program to work with as many monitors as the user decides to have … ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3620

kw2p

Fresh Boarder

Hi,
I'm glad i could help, a little bit.
Also I am more than happy to to try any new program version with my dual monitor setup.

Kenny

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3627

selmf

Developer

Hi Kenny,

I tested this with a simulated Dual Monitor setup with Windows 10 on VirtualBox. I wasn't able to reproduce the context menu crash. There are a few more things we could test, like if this happens on both of your monitors and if older versions of YACReader are affected, but it looks pretty much like a hardware specific issue to me at this point, possibly this bug:

bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-47059

Another option would be that Luis gives you a debug build and guides you through the process of getting a crashdump on Windows. Luis, could you do that?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3628

kw2p

Fresh Boarder

Hi,
I just installed YACReader-8.5.0-win32-OpenGL.exe with my dual monitor set-up. Works perfectly even if I drag the window to the opposite monitor.

It seems to be a v 9 problem.

Back to the v 9. NOW I cannot get it to work even with one monitor! Grrrrr.

If you need my help with trying a debug version let me know.

Kenny.

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3630

kw2p

Fresh Boarder

Hi,
Had another look.

The program only crashes when in the grid view. Flow and info window works fine.

Also noticed that the icon (top toolbar - right side) for the views appears mixed up, ie. flow icon for info view, grid icon for flow view and info icon for grid view.

Thanks for all you help.

Kenny

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3631

selmf

Developer

If it works in 8.5 and it's limited to the grid view there's a high probability something we changed broke it. Maybe I can spot something in the code involved.

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3639

selmf

Developer

I took a look at the code involved and I couldn't spot anything that looked suspicious. The context menu code is identical for all three views, so we know that the crash doesn't happen there, it must be happening before the context menu is drawn.

I've talked with Luis about this problem and we came to the decision to leave this bug open for 9.0.0 and will attempt to fix it in a minor version of YACReader, maybe 9.0.1. Even if I couldn't reproduce your specific crash I still was able to see that the multimonitor support (or rather: lack of support) in YACReader needs work.

YACReader Library crashes when using context menu 6 years 2 months ago #3640

kw2p

Fresh Boarder

No problem. Thanks for having a look.
Kenny
  • Page: