Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: QT version

QT version 5 years 11 months ago #3875

jakanapes

Fresh Boarder

Tried the build commands for OS X and yacreader works fine, but while yacreaderlibrary seems to compile OK, it will not run. Does nothing when I click on it.

However, I just realized that my version of QT is 5.10, I've been going through their changelog to see if anything jumps out at me, but I thought I'd see if anybody knew off the top of their head if that could be the cause.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

QT version 5 years 11 months ago #3876

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

The official build uses Qt 5.9 but newer versions should work too. However, if you installed Qt5 using brew or another package manager that might give you some trouble (last time I tried the brew install wasn't suitable for building redistributable apps).

By using the build commands you mean "compileOSX.sh" and friends? If so you will need to get one more dependency, create-dmg. It has to be placed into the dependencies directory int the source tree (a simple git clone should work).

Once that is correctly set up you should be able to build the apps.

Don't forget to report any trouble you encounter on our new GitHub repo - Luis is impatiently waiting for his first issue :)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

QT version 5 years 11 months ago #3879

jakanapes

Fresh Boarder

Correct, I just used the commands in the script in a console.

Is create-dmg required if I just want to test the app locally after compilation?

QT version 5 years 11 months ago #3880

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hmm I'm not sure. Luis is the OS X guy in the team. It's probably best to wait for his answer.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.