Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Features coming to YACReader

Features coming to YACReader 9 years 9 months ago #541

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi,

I want to share with you some of the new features that are coming to YACReader in the next releases.

What do think? As always, any suggestion will be really appreciated.

P.S: I will open a new topic for discussing "reading lists" in depth.

Click on the images to see them @2x

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Features coming to YACReader 9 years 9 months ago #549

plbp15

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Now thats good! Do that! LOL all the ideas are pretty awesome, now i want a beta :P

Features coming to YACReader 9 years 9 months ago #550

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have been working in the grid view, and I have a prelimary version working. I didn't write code for the other two features yet. So no ETA, sorry :)
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Features coming to YACReader 9 years 9 months ago #551

plbp15

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 3

The only thing i have to say is to think of it as you were designing it for OSX and then apply it to windows, because if it looks good on OSX it will on a windows too, and the other way arround isnt that certain.

The OSX past versions have some lack of ''OSX like design'' do you understand? i'm only talking about design colour panels and stuff. If you could get some inspiration from some of the popular apps in iOS or OSX i think you could make this an beautiful product, because in funcion you are already the best in the market (at least for me), so now with this new features, some awesome design would be the best thing you could do. ( if you want me to collect some examples or to help in something, just say so)

Features coming to YACReader 9 years 9 months ago #552

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I will add the dark theme to OSX as has been asked by some users, so you will be able to chose between the native UI or the one used in Windows and Linux.

In YACReader 6.5.3 I introduced a new UI interface for MacOSX taking into account the existing UI guidelines. But, since I am not a MacOSX user I always miss some relevant details, so please, let me know anything that looks "weird" for you in the current UI.

Features coming to YACReader 8 years 9 months ago #1644

danhackley

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 6

I think that YACReader would really benefit from the ability to browse by metadata. For example to browse by Publisher, Title, etc.

To do this, it would be great to have "smart lists" or something that could group all comics by the chosen metadata, e.g. publisher.

Features coming to YACReader 8 years 9 months ago #1645

danhackley

Expert Boarder

Also, an easier way to view the comic's metadata, rather than having to right-click on it and then click edit which brings up a separate window.

Features coming to YACReader 8 years 9 months ago #1646

danhackley

Expert Boarder

Also, to fit a comic cover to view, when the cover is landscape (or alternatively and probably even better, show the cover in landscape mode in the browser).

Features coming to YACReader 8 years 8 months ago #1730

Luis Ángel

Administrator

danhackley, I missed your posts!

Thank you for the suggestions. There is a topic in the forum talking about an easier way to see metadata.