Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: support for the EPUB file type.

support for the EPUB file type. 5 years 1 month ago #4490

Luv_3

Fresh Boarder

I use YACReader a lot on a daily basis and I mainly use it to read comics/manga (which i read in CBZ file format) but I also sometimes use it to read Light Novels, which come in pdf or epub format. epub is generally higher quality, so I was wondering if it would be difficult for epub support to be implemented any time in the future.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

support for the EPUB file type. 5 years 1 week ago #4534

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

This has been considered many times, something in the TODO list, there are no warranties that it will happen though
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

support for the EPUB file type. 5 years 1 week ago #4546

amix

Fresh Boarder

There are publishers, who distribute comics as EPub. Many examples are to be found in the HumbleBundle sales.

support for the EPUB file type. 5 years 1 week ago #4547

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

It's not a question of epub availability. YACReader, like many other open source projects is a volunteer project with limited manpower, so we have to choose our battles wisely. We have discussed how to add epub support, but this is a mid to major project as YACReader is currently only able to display images whereas supporting epub basically would mean giving it capabilities that would be very close to being a full-featured Webbrowser.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.