Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Feature suggestions regarding organizing ability

Feature suggestions regarding organizing ability 7 years 1 week ago #3078

ddd

Fresh Boarder

already emailed about this, but ill post it here too

1)
manual sorting ability in form of a "hold down to drag/move". Option to ignore alphabetical sorting and move/drag comics wherever you want like in YACLibrary Windows.

2)
Import your Libraries incl. folders and reading lists from YACReader Library (Windows) to YACReader (iOS app). So instead of the app working as "My Comics > individual comics/folders > etc > etc" you could instead have:

"Libraries > Example library > Folders & Reading lists that belong to this library". Just like in YACLibrary, the reading lists are simply copies of the comics in your folders. They don't take any additional space.

you could organize everything on Windows and import it all to your iPad

The first suggestion regarding manual sorting is more or less just as much a workaround solution for suggestion no.2 as it is an essential feature for any comic book app.

so if you feel like
suggestion 2) is not the point of YACReader iOS and not what it's about, please do consider the first suggestion about a "hold to touch/drag and move feature"

It provides the same features, it's just a bit more work for the user.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Feature suggestions regarding organizing ability 7 years 1 week ago #3079

ddd

Fresh Boarder

I now realize it might be very weird to have multiple libraries. It mostly makes sense for very specific uses I guess, like huge libraries dedicated to one thing.

Really the most important thing is to have some kind of function that'd allow you to place comics in any order you choose without having to play by the rules of the alphabetical/numerical sorting of the app itself. This is an essential feature of a reading list, for example. Since drag & drop could take a little more time to implement, maybe there are ways around it? One such example would be to build your list on your YACLibrary which actually has these features, "freeze it" and then import that to your iPad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.