Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5)

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3666

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

BTW, what does happen if you try to read the comics without importing them? does it work?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3667

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

We've tried this already and you did not experience any issues importing the comics.

I also sent you the path and file information.

No matter where I have moved the comics to, it always ends up with the "Error importing comics" message. I have tried three different formats (.cbr, .cbz., .cbz WEBP) with the same result.

These are the paths to what I sent you.

/Volumes/Comic Books/Comic Books/Darth Vader (2017)/ Darth Vader V2017 #008 (January, 2018).cbz

/Volumes/Comic Books/Comic Books/Young X-Men (2008)/ Young X-Men V2008 #001 (April, 2008).cbz

That was on 1/18/18. I have not received a response since that time. It was at that point that I deleted the library, moved all of the files to the root of a separate 2TB external drive and then created a new library. The issue remained.

I also cannot import these via iTunes. I receive the same error.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3668

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

Yes. I can read any of my comics (54043 issues) via YACReader. ...and no, I am not trying to import all 54043 issues. The most that I have tried to import is 200 issues. Prior to these errors occurring, I had no problem importing that many issues, so volume is not the cause.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3669

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Yes I remember, I didn't get back to you because I couldn't replicate the issue at all.

In a few days I'll release a new version for iOS including support for iPhone X, the all will be build with the latest SDK, maybe this is an issue with the current app build and iOS 11.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3670

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Pfantom wrote:
Yes. I can read any of my comics (54043 issues) via YACReader.

I mean from iOS, using the remote reading feature without importing, there is a read button while browsing the remote library.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3671

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

No, I cannot read any of the comics via IOS.

I can browse all of the folders

Some issues load as though they can be read, but the screen is blank. When you tap on the screen, the menu and information tags are available, but no pictures

Other files do not load at all. An error message pops up. "Bad info from YacReaderLibrary"

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3672

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hmm …

Try this:

1. Open the server in your browser. In my case it's running on localhost::8080, your case might be different
2. Navigate to one of the problematic comics
3. Click on read. Do not save the file the server offers you. Asking for it will still "open" the comic for remote reading.
4. Copy the link "read" is pointing to.
5. Paste this link into a new tab and replace "remote" at the end with "page/0". It should look roughly like this, but with different numbers for port, library and comic:

http://localhost:8080/library/1/comic/2/page/0

If the server is working correctly the cover page of your comic should show up. You can try navigating a bit by increasing the number at the end of that url. If it shows a 404 it probably still is opening the comic in the background.

If that works on your iMac retry the same procedure on your IOS device.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 months ago by selmf.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3675

Pfantom

Senior Boarder

404 not found in both MacOS an IOS. I tried it with Safari and with Firefox and yielded the same result.

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3678

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Pfantom wrote:
404 not found in both MacOS an IOS. I tried it with Safari and with Firefox and yielded the same result.

Ok, so it seems that the problem is on the server side, but one thing that bothers me is that you also have problems when you try to import using iTunes, that means that something is going on in the client (iOS) side too.... :s

Are you droping folders in iTunes, or only comic files?

Import hanging/failing on iPad (iOS 11.2.5) 6 years 2 months ago #3679

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

A 404 can happen if the comic is still loading. Wait a few minutes, retry … You can also try saving the file in step 3, it shouldn't be needed but you never know.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.