Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: .deb package for ARM (OBS)

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3637

stevepusser

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hey, I build a few packages myself on the OBS. Any thoughts about enabling arm71 (Pi) and aarch64 (ARM 64) builds for Debian 9 in the repository settings? That is the only distro that seems to support the extra architectures, and those are the only two of those that work for me.

Also, you can add Debian:testing (Buster) as a repo by manually going into the project's Advanced/Meta setting and adding this stanza to the xml file you see
<repository name="Debian_Testing">
    <path project="Debian:Testing" repository="standard"/>
    <arch>i586</arch>
    <arch>x86_64</arch>
  </repository>

above the Debian 9 section, then saving your changes
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3638

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Building on arm architectures is possible but you have to disable the OpenGL coverflow (CONFIG += no_opengl) for it to work. The current flow implementation is pretty old and relies on desktop OpenGl, which is not available on embedded devices. An OpenGL ES based replacement is in the making but didn't make it into 9.0.

Last time I checked arm support on OBS you could choose alternative architectures but the required packages and repositories were missing for anything but openSuse. If that has finally changed I'd be happy to look into enabling extra architectures, we already have a small but active community running the headless version of YACReaderLibrary on raspberry pi.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble 6 years 2 months ago #3654

stevepusser

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

It does work now for the most part for just those architectures in Stretch. An example is for this Qt 5 text editor: build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:ste...eatherpad/featherpad

Hmmm...looks I have to add libcomerr2 to the Debian Buster build-deps so the OBS isn't confused.