Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: What can I do with headless server?

What can I do with headless server? 7 years 7 months ago #2502

luca.soldi

Fresh Boarder

Hi all!
I'm planning to buy this application because I love the idea of a server when download and organize comics!
One question...I would install the server side in my nas without GUI...I see that there is the option with command line to add a comic in library..but how can I manage the library throw the headless server? Example tags from Comic Vine.

Thanks!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

What can I do with headless server? 7 years 7 months ago #2506

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Basically what you can do is....create/update libraries and serving comics.

For all the other things you have YACReaderLibrary. Libraries are created in the comics destination folder, f.e. //MyNAS/MyComics So you can open that library using YACReaderLibraryServer and/or YACReaderLibrary.

My suggestion is to create libraries using YACReaderLibrary, with a wired connection (preferably USB if you NAS support it) and then use YACReaderLibraryServer for having your comics available 24/7 without the need of a PC/Mac.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: luca.soldi

What can I do with headless server? 7 years 7 months ago #2508

luca.soldi

Fresh Boarder

Ok perfect, so I can copy the hidden file .yacreaderlibrary directly in Comic folder in the NAS?
Thanks man!

What can I do with headless server? 7 years 7 months ago #2510

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

You don't need to copy the folder. You only have to access to your MyComics folder in your NAS from different places: YACReaderLibrary (Desktop) and YACReaderLibraryServer (embedded).
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\