Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader not registering as default app

YACReader not registering as default app 6 years 8 months ago #3261

garyjgriffin

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hello!

I have YACReader and YACReader library installed on my MacBook. Sierra 10.12.6. When double clicking on a cbz or cbr file it doesn't open yacreader. I have right clicked the file, chosen open with, and it has yacreader greyed out.

I have since then changed the default app for both CBZ and CBR files to yacreader and "Changed All". Now when I double click on a CBR or CBZ file, YACReader does open it. However, all my comic books show a blank page icon in finder. I would expect it to show the YACReader logo as the file icon, which helps me identify files easily.

I've looked in the plist.info and I'm not sure if the app registers as a default app for CBZ and CBR which I would love for it to, and I see where it sets the icon, and under the resources folder, I see the YACReader icon, but even after clearing the icon cache and restarting my Mac, it still showing the blank white page.

Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks,
Gary
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fruitblood

YACReader not registering as default app 6 years 7 months ago #3277

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I will check this before the next release.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader not registering as default app 6 years 3 months ago #3500

fruitblood

Fresh Boarder

Gary, how did you get to the "change all" point to register it as the default app when yacreader was greyed out for you? I'm having the same problem.

YACReader not registering as default app 6 years 3 months ago #3501

fruitblood

Fresh Boarder

How did you get yacreader to register at all as the default app -- even superficially when it was greyed out for you? I am having the same issue.

YACReader not registering as default app 5 years 8 months ago #4163

wender1

Fresh Boarder

Hello Guys I was having the same trouble here, then i get to fix it... at least till the next release. Here it is how:

1- choose a CBR, CBZ, etc... then right click >GET INFO
2- on the OPEN WITH drop down list choose OTHER.
3- here is the trick, on this windows there is a drop down list below that reads ˜Recommended Applications˜, just change it to ˜ALL APPLICATIONS˜ and Voila, you can select the YACREADER to be your default app. You'll get a message saying that the system don't know if this application can handle that kind of file, but you already know it can, so agree and good reading.

Hope it helps until a real fix can come out.