Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Importing Metadata

Importing Metadata 9 years 6 months ago #792

ksherman777

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

So I just got a mac for the first time and switched over to this YAC from ComicRack. This is a great program btw. I was just wondering if someone could help me out with the metadata. So I had all of my comics tagged with the comicvine scraper using CR and I know you can do that here and have figured it out more or less. What I was wondering is if there is someway I could transfer whatever CR had to YAC more conveniently then having to go through each comic series and rescrape them all. I can't seem to figure out where the metadata in CR is stored, or if it is even possible to transfer it to YAC so that way I don't have to go through the whole process with thousands of comics. Can anyone help me out?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marstonstudio

Importing Metadata 9 years 5 months ago #822

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi ksherman777,

sorry for the late response. I didn't see this topic :(

In the current version there is no way for automatic transferring your metadata automatically. But the feature is already scheduled for future versions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Importing Metadata 9 years 4 months ago #924

marstonstudio

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 6

+1 for this

I've got a big stack of comics tagged with both CBI and CR tags, would love to be able to load them into Yaclibrary on my Mac and browse remotely from iOS. Not prepared to retag everything.

Would also be great to be able to search and browse the remote library based on all the metadata values instead of just the folder structure. Searching by character, artist, story arc, etc.

Importing Metadata 6 years 4 months ago #3464

Klimov

Fresh Boarder

HI guys,

any updates?
the latest version of YACLibrary has the Import feature - but it doesn't recognize ComicRack DB xml

Importing Metadata 6 years 4 months ago #3466

Kinge

Fresh Boarder

I agree. I don't know why I thought Yac read Comicvine's data cause I use it for library management and sorting.

Importing Metadata 6 years 4 months ago #3469

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Sorry, no update yet. We support importing existing YACReader libraries but not any third party xml stuff. ComicVine can be used to add metadata, we have a builtin scraper, but you need to get an api key from the ComicsVine site and you should use the current 9.0 beta as the scraper has issues in 8.5.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kbinge

Importing Metadata 4 years 5 months ago #4913

disolomon

Fresh Boarder

Any updates on adding this?

Thanks.

**Sorry if this posted twice.

Importing Metadata 4 years 5 months ago #4914

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.