Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Everything is out of order

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4183

Frd22

Fresh Boarder

Since updating the program to version 9.5 from 8.5 pretty much my entire library is out of order. The folders on the side panel are in reverse alphabetical order and when I open the individual files the pages are out of order. The cover page is either the last page and it's in reverse or the cover page is in the middle somewhere. The comics also appear to be in a random order on the remote app. Any ideas of why this happened and how I might be able to fix it? I love this program but it's currently unusable like this. I'm using Vista with an external hard drive.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4184

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

What is the locale in your operative system?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4185

Frd22

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
What is the locale in your operative system?

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4186

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Hmmm, weird, I will build a test version for you with a setting enbled to see if that helps.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4187

Frd22

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
Hmmm, weird, I will build a test version for you with a setting enbled to see if that helps.

Okay thank you

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4217

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

I think we might have located the issue causing your sorting problems. As it turns out, the sorting function we're using in YACReader uses a third party DLL on Windows. If the DLL is not present, the system will automatically fall back to using a Windows function which was introduced in Windows 7. As this function is not present in older Windows versions like Vista, sorting silently fails.
The good news is that if this is the cause of the problems (waiting for confirmation from Luis that this library is indeed missing in our installer) we probably can solve this problem by simply adding the library to our installer.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4218

Frd22

Fresh Boarder

selmf wrote:
I think we might have located the issue causing your sorting problems. As it turns out, the sorting function we're using in YACReader uses a third party DLL on Windows. If the DLL is not present, the system will automatically fall back to using a Windows function which was introduced in Windows 7. As this function is not present in older Windows versions like Vista, sorting silently fails.
The good news is that if this is the cause of the problems (waiting for confirmation from Luis that this library is indeed missing in our installer) we probably can solve this problem by simply adding the library to our installer.

Alright cool. Did you guys change your sorting function from 8.5 to 9.5? Because it worked perfectly before I updated.

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4219

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

No, the sorting functions should be the same. What changed is that the backend providing these functions (the Qt5 toolkit) stopped shipping the required library by default.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frd22

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4220

Frd22

Fresh Boarder

selmf wrote:
No, the sorting functions should be the same. What changed is that the backend providing these functions (the Qt5 toolkit) stopped shipping the required library by default.

Oh okay well as long as you think you've got it figured out I'm happy lol.

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4221

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@Frd22 YACReader doesn't really support Windows Vista anymore, it could be necessary to recompile Qt to add support for the libraries @selmf is talking about.
Last Edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Luis Ángel.
  • Page: