Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Everything is out of order

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4236

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

@Frd22: Luis and I have discussed this problem and we don't really like it. We could take the easy way out and simply declare Windows Vista as unsupported (which it technically is, even by Microsoft), but this doesn't quite cut it. You can still install on Windows Vista and having our sorting algorithm crumble, even if we do no longer really support this version, is a no-go.
Sadly, my suspicion that it could be necessary to recompile the Qt toolkit to provide consistent sorting support has proved to be true. This is anything but trivial, so we will not attempt to do this. Instead we will try to provide a fallback solution to our current sorting algorithm, so users like you will not be left with an unusable reader/library. This will likely take a while so you might be stuck with the last working version on Vista …

In the mid- to long run, however, we will likely drop Vista. We cannot support outdated OS versions forever.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Everything is out of order 5 years 8 months ago #4237

Frd22

Fresh Boarder

selmf wrote:
@Frd22: Luis and I have discussed this problem and we don't really like it. We could take the easy way out and simply declare Windows Vista as unsupported (which it technically is, even by Microsoft), but this doesn't quite cut it. You can still install on Windows Vista and having our sorting algorithm crumble, even if we do no longer really support this version, is a no-go.
Sadly, my suspicion that it could be necessary to recompile the Qt toolkit to provide consistent sorting support has proved to be true. This is anything but trivial, so we will not attempt to do this. Instead we will try to provide a fallback solution to our current sorting algorithm, so users like you will not be left with an unusable reader/library. This will likely take a while so you might be stuck with the last working version on Vista …

In the mid- to long run, however, we will likely drop Vista. We cannot support outdated OS versions forever.

I really appreciate you guys trying so hard to solve this. It seems like I'm the first one to report this issue so I wouldn't go too crazy. I think the real answer is I need to get myself a new computer haha.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: