Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Comics Server

Comics Server 9 years 10 months ago #511

Twistmalchik

Fresh Boarder

I set up my comic library on my PC to work with my iPad. I assume this only works when both my computer and iPad are connected to the same LAN? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I just wanted to clarify that bit for myself and suggest functionality where I could run the program on my PC and access my full library (even if it still must be imported) from anywhere. I love my ipad as a comic reader, but I'm a media fiend and I don't have a lot of room left on my device.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comics Server 9 years 10 months ago #512

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Twistmalchik wrote:
I set up my comic library on my PC to work with my iPad. I assume this only works when both my computer and iPad are connected to the same LAN? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes and No. If both devices are in the same LAN, the connection is straightforward. But, as any server running in your computer you can access to YACReaderLibrary from anywhere if you configure the port forwarding in your router. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_forwarding
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.