Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Can't sync unread status from iOS to library

Can't sync unread status from iOS to library 2 years 3 weeks ago #6682

sentience

Fresh Boarder

Once I mark an issue as in-progress or read, I can no longer mark it as unread and sync that stratus to the server.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Sync an unread issue from YACReaderServer to iOS.
  2. Open the issue, then close it.
  3. The issue appears in the Continue Reading list. I often get issues into this state even though I'm not actually reading them, because I just opened them to take a quick look at something. I therefore want to be able to set this issue back to Unread.
  4. If I tap and hold the issue in Continue Reading and choose "Remove from this list", the next time the app syncs with the server the issue reappears in the list. This seems like a bug.
  5. If I find the issue in the folder list, tap and hold it and choose "Set as read", the read status syncs to the server. I'd have preferred to choose "Set as unread", but that option isn't available for a partially-read issue, so I need to mark it as read first.
  6. If I then tap and hold the issue again, I can finally choose "Set as unread", which returns the issue to the unread state that I want it in, but then it reverts to read with the next sync to the server. Is this the same bug as above?

Fundamentally, I want to be able to quickly open and view an issue, then immediately mark it as unread again if I'm not actually reading it yet, and I'd like for these statuses to sync correctly with the server.

Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't sync unread status from iOS to library 2 years 3 weeks ago #6683

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Did you try to disable the option "Update local progress on sycn" from Import -> YACReaderLibrary?

If you only read in the iOS app, then keeping that setting disabled will help in your case. Since a couple of versions ago the iOS app tries to do a full sync when it is opened.

I guess Synchronization needs some more options. I need to think about it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Can't sync unread status from iOS to library 2 years 3 weeks ago #6684

sentience

Fresh Boarder

I read using the desktop app, and on two different iOS devices (iPad and iPhone). I want to be able to delete issues from my mobile devices when I'm finished with them and have their read state remain tracked in my server library.

I don't understand why this would require special sync settings. Is the "read" state something that cannot go from true to false in a sync?

Can't sync unread status from iOS to library 2 years 3 weeks ago #6685

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Yeah, progress only goes forward. People expects from sync different behaviours so I need to add some settings so you can set up how do you want it to work. And it probably means changes in both the iOS app and YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: sentience