Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: YacReader crashes and wont load

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6746

hersani

Fresh Boarder

Hello, when I try to open a .cbz file it opens Yacreader but it goes white then immediately crashes or quits itself and doesn't even load the comic/manga. When I open the app itself it works fine but when I click 'o' and pick a .cbz file the same issue happens.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6747

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Send me that file please.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6748

hersani

Fresh Boarder

Hi, sorry but which file do you mean? If you meant a specific one I mentioned I'm afraid to tell you that every file won't open not that specific one in the attached image. the app refuses to load any manga or comic for me. Thanks

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6750

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Hmmm, weird. But yeah, send me one of them anyway. I didn’t hear from anyone else having this problem.

What version of YACReader are you using?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6755

Lizard

Fresh Boarder

I am having the same problem. YACReader simply stopped working for me on Windows 2 or 3 days ago. I have reinstalled the latest version and all Windows updates. Comics either don't open when double-clicked or accessed in Library, if I try to open within YACReader, the app crashes.

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6756

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I need crashes reports or some other information, otherwise I can't do anything.

What happens if you open the app with no comic? Does it crash? Does it crash after trying to open a comic from the file menu?

I use the latest update of Windows 11 and the apps work perfectly.

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6757

Luis Ángel

Administrator

On Windows my bet is that the app is configured to use hardware acceleration but there is a problem with your graphics card, make sure that your drivers are up to date.

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6758

Lizard

Fresh Boarder

I can open the app itself. If I try to open a comic with it, it crashes. (including opening from the recent list and opening from a file dialog) If I try to double-click a comic or open it from YacReader library, nothing happens. The reader app simply doesn't open -- my guess is, it's opening and crashing quietly behind the scenes.

I just updated my Nvidia drivers about three weeks ago.

There is no (obvious) crash report -- no "application has stopped responding, yadda yadda" dialog. I suppose I can dig into system event logs.

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6759

Lizard

Fresh Boarder

Each time it crashes, there's a pair of logged errors. This is what seems to be the most essential info from one such pair. I hpe this is useful.

I turned off Hardware Acceleration and restarted; behavior is identical.
Attachments:

YacReader crashes and wont load 1 year 11 months ago #6760

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Weird.

Go to C:\Users\your_user\AppData\Local and move YACReader folder to the desktop, it is importat that folder is gone from that location and the apps are closed while you are doing it. Then try to open a comic in YACReader again.

Don't loose that YACReader folder, is where your settings are, if the app still crashes just put it back where it was. If the app starts working, then zip it and send it to me.
  • Page: