Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACLibrary startup idea

YACLibrary startup idea 2 years 3 months ago #6434

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Currently when you open the app the main window shows a double of the info displayed in the sidebar. Why not show off your library's contents? It would be nice to show off a random selection of all the comics in your libraries. As you select individual libraries you could begin showing random covers in that library, then as you drill down into subfolders show sequential issues.

The app has a great feature set, but could use some UX sprucing. I realize different users will have different organization structures for their collections, and that might affect the outcome of my suggestion. However, i think it would be worth considering some sort of visual overhaul to the main window at startup. This app is too good to look this boring upon opening. It's a good idea to force users to engage with the sidebar for navigation of their library, and leave the center window open to show off the covers.

Hope this helps. Thanks for the awesome apps!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACLibrary startup idea 2 years 3 months ago #6440

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Yeah, a home section would make sense. Maybe show there some sections: continue reading, recently added, favorites, etc.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.