Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Subfolders image thumbnails instead of text list?

Subfolders image thumbnails instead of text list? 1 year 7 months ago #7024

Otto

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I don't know if I'm asking something stupid. I come from using Comicrack and one thing I miss when using yacreader library is thumbnail folders.

Maybe it can even be done and I haven't been able to, but I don't like that when I enter a library with multiple authors it shows "subfolders in this folder" with the folders just as text. It feels like you're just in windows file explorer.

I like being able to see everything at a glance, exactly as the volumes are seen with the grid view, but with the authors, or with the different works of the authors. It would be nice if, when entering a folder with several works, the cover of the first volume of each work could be seen. And the same with the authors.

I am very sorry for my English (google translate). I don't know if I am explaining myself clearly.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

I wonder if this only interests me, if it could be possible in the future, or if it is too complicated to see in the future.

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Subfolders image thumbnails instead of text list? 1 year 7 months ago #7025

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi Otto,

yeah, this is something that's been in my TODO list for maybe too long. I keep myself a really plain library structure and the way YACReaderLibrary works fits me well, but I reckon that if you have multiple layers of sub-folders it is better to show the folders' thumbnails.

I am working on preparing the next iOS (3.22) and desktops (9.9.0) releases, once they are out, working on replacing that `subfolders in this folder` old view is one of the things I am going to tackle next. I want to do something similar to the UI of YACReader for iOS:

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mold0101, domiriel, Otto

Subfolders image thumbnails instead of text list? 1 year 7 months ago #7026

Otto

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Thank you for the response. That sounds good. I've actually been trying a lot of programs lately to replace comicrack, and yacreader was by far the best of anything I've tried (cover, neeview, opencomic, kavita, houdoku...).

The only problem was that, so that's very good news :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Subfolders image thumbnails instead of text list? 1 year 6 months ago #7126

Luis Ángel

Administrator

There a new dev build that includes a pre-alpha version of a replacement for the "subfolders in this folder" text list.

github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...es/tag/9.9.2.2210096

I recommend using the Qt6 builds.

You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Subfolders image thumbnails instead of text list? 1 year 5 months ago #7244

ironsage

Fresh Boarder

I came here to ask this question, and this new build is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

Subfolders image thumbnails instead of text list? 1 year 5 months ago #7245

Luis Ángel

Administrator

This is in the stable release now: 9.10, downloading the lastest version from this site is enough to get it.

Subfolders image thumbnails instead of text list? 1 year 4 months ago #7288

Chewie

Fresh Boarder

I would like to suggest here still that one can select the picture itself.
I have several comic series with old and new issues. In one comic series I have these different issues sorted by the publishers, for example. So it can happen that the old publisher starts with the letter B and the new publisher with C - and I have the picture of an old issue from publisher B as cover.
Personally, I would prefer to see a picture of the new series.