Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Multiple Users

Multiple Users 1 year 5 months ago #7246

Lb1blink

Fresh Boarder

I know some solutions have been posted in the past but it has been a long time and I believe only for windows, I am on UnRAID (linux).

I am hoping for a feature where multiple users can access the same library from one server without the need to duplicate the database. One suggestion was on the windows side to make hard links but this method does not seem to work on Linux which is where my server now resides on.

I do not know how hard it is the implement it but my thought process is allowing the new users to be created then have it look at the same source folder which makes a reading history file for each individual.

Currently I have to duplicate my library on the server end and have every user scan their separate database. I prefer to keep everything on my server and stream the comics instead of saving them saved down locally.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Multiple Users 1 year 5 months ago #7247

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Adding support for multiple users needs some serious work. It's something I would like to add, but I don't know when I will have time to do it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Luis Ángel.

Multiple Users 8 months 1 week ago #7789

Childr3n

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

+1 for this idea :)
If you have some workaround to setup multiple users (2) avcessing the same collection with distinct watchlist i’m interested too