Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: iOS App - Delete Comic Files in Library

iOS App - Delete Comic Files in Library 1 year 2 months ago #7405

Renns

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 6

When using the iOS app on my iPad, I would love to have the ability to delete comics from my library. Not from the iPad device, but from the library itself on my NAS.

When using "Import > YACReaderLibrary > Browse" to browse my library from my iPad, the context menu on each comic currently provides the following options:
  1. - Keep Reading Progress (toggle)
  2. - Import
  3. - Import all starting here
  4. - Import all to here

I would like to see an additional option to "Delete comic from library", which would delete the file. (An additional "Are you sure you want to delete this comic?" popup would be good to prevent accidental deletions).

This would really improve my ability to manage my library. Currently, when I stop reading a comic that I don't enjoy and decide I want to delete it, this is how I do it:
  1. 1) Wait until the next time I'm managing my comic library on my computer (which is not often).
  2. 2) Remember that I wanted to delete specific comics, and which comics those were.
  3. 3) Find where those comics are stored in my library.
  4. 4) Navigate to that file (either in YACReaderLibary or in Finder) and manually delete it
  5. 5) Run the "Update Library" command in YACReaderLibrary to remove the deleted comics from my iOS device browser.

It would be so much easier if I could access the context menu on my iOS device and select "Delete comic from library". If this command could also work for entire folders, that would also be great.

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement this feature, but from my own personal perspective I feel that this would be the single biggest improvement to my YAC experience.

Thank you!
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by Renns.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Delete Comic Files in Library from iOS App 1 year 2 months ago #7407

Renns

Fresh Boarder

If this is not possible (or if it is still months/years away), would this be a valid workaround?:

In the iOS app I see the option to browse the library by Folders, Reading Lists, Favorites or Tags. However, no comics show up when I select "Tags", and I haven't figured out how to add Tags. If I could add a tag (such as "Junk") to a comic while browsing my library in the iOS app, then later when I'm managing my library on my computer, could I select all comics with the "Junk" tag and delete them?

Delete Comic Files in Library from iOS App 1 year 2 months ago #7408

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Tags is something you create in YACReaderLibray (check the reading lists section on the left side bar).

I plan to add more management features to the remote browser in future releases, I will keep deleting in mind, but since the server has no security layer yet it can be a little bit dangerous if you expose your library to internet.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Delete Comic Files in Library from iOS App 1 year 2 months ago #7409

Renns

Fresh Boarder

I understand the security concern in a public library. However, a "read/write" vs "read-only" toggle in the settings should help with that. Could that be done on a per-user basis? Maybe the default is read-only, but the administrator has the option to grant read/write access to specific users?

My own library is private, so I wouldn't have that concern.

Regarding Tags... if they can't be set from within the iOS app, then that would not be a useful workaround.

Looking forward to future development on this issue! Thanks again for all you do.