Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Fit and double page suggestions

Fit and double page suggestions 9 years 5 months ago #887

mister_Spock

Fresh Boarder

Hey.

I have a few disadvantages.

1) "Fit to width" zooming images even if they smaller than screen. This is awkward. I need this option work without zooming. If the image is smaller than the screen, display in original size.

2) "Double page" work well for two portrait images. But the landscape images should not be displayed in double mode. Landscape image is already two portrait images.

3) First page is the cover image usually. In double mode, display first image in single mode will be pretty good.

Many thanks for good application. And sorry for my bad english.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fit and double page suggestions 9 years 5 months ago #888

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Welcome to the forum mister_Spock,

1) Yes, more fitting options are needed. They are already scheduled, no ETA yet.

2) This is already implemented and it will be ready in the next release.

3) This is already in the TODO list,

Thank you for your suggestions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Fit and double page suggestions 9 years 5 months ago #889

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

1) Shouldn't be too hard to implement but might be better to overhaul the whole scaling code (-> no ETA)
Some real zoom support and a simple "fit to screen" function would be splendid as well.
2) what Luis said
3) Sounds easy but could be tricky. "Intelligent" double page mode with panorama support is more complex than one would think and even simple changes can lead to unforseen consequences because you have to cover a whole lot of different use cases and conditions.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.