Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles

Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles 5 years 4 months ago #4355

SudoQueen

Fresh Boarder

Hey all,

I am a Chunky user but I bought YACReader for iOS because I thought maybe it might be superior, but there’s some things holding me back from switching to it from Chunky and I’m not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this feature just isn’t available yet for iOS.

My main thing I’m looking for is a reader that resembles book browsing similar to Marvel Unlimited, even if the Comic isn’t downloaded yet. I am working on getting a static IP and Port Forwarding set up on my PC through my ISP to use that version of the feature, but for now and stuck with using Google Drive.

I use my Google Drive folder as my yacreader metadata folder, or at least I think I do, because YACReader created a folder in it when I set it up on the PC. I started importing Metadata for the comics on my PC, hoping they would show on the iOS version as well. However, in iOS, not only do I not see any of the Metadata that I see on the Windows side, I also only see the file name of the comic instead of the Metadata title.

My OCD makes this unnnaceptable for me to use in this current form. Is there a way to get the metadata imported from the Windows side into the iOS side, and if so, is there a way I can get it to use the comic title from Metadata instead of the file name? I really want to use this app, but I hate seeing horrendous file names.

Also, if I do get a Static IP and port forwarding set up through my ISP (they have a monopoly - have to use their router and won’t let you access the router menu), would this feature already work unlike how it does in Google Drive?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles 5 years 4 months ago #4359

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The metadata is only transferred when the comics are imported using YACReaderLibrary.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles 5 years 3 months ago #4387

offby1

Fresh Boarder

I don't know if I'm missing something, but for me, at least, the title metadata is not importing even when I import from YACReaderLibrary. The issue number and series did, but not the title.

Plus, as you already know, all the issues are in filename order :D

Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles 5 years 3 months ago #4394

Luis Ángel

Administrator

The iOS app uses the file name for sorting and as the "title", I have to update the behavior to match the desktop app.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles 4 years 11 months ago #4566

Klastar

Fresh Boarder

Hello, still waiting for this feature, still in the pipe?

Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles 4 years 11 months ago #4573

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Yes it is, I have started to work in the changes needed in the ios side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dontshootmydog

Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles 4 years 7 months ago #4713

dontshootmydog

Fresh Boarder

I just started using your app, desktop and iOS. I really love the functionality. Thank you for all the hard work. Was having this same Metadata issue. All metadata seems to transfer EXCEPT file name. Just checking if there is any update on this problem? Thanks again!

Metadata From PC not Loading into iOS/Comic Titles 4 years 7 months ago #4715

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Welcome to the forum. The work is still in progress. But it will come at some point.

Starting next year Apple will stop accepting apps not supporting multitasking, there is an exception and I don't know if YACReader could apply to that to keep working in fullscreen only. So this is kind of pressing right now for the app and I need to take care of it.

Regarding to imports from YACReaderLibrary there are a few things that I want to fix:

1.- import and use number and title.
2.- import reading lists keeping the right order for the issues.
3.- import comics keeping the read status (as an option).
4.- full reding progress sync YACReader for iOS <-> YACReaderLibrary.

1 & 2 require some changes in the infraestructure.

I know this is long overdue, but I am doing my best to have it ASAP.

BTW, dontshootmydog, messages need to be approved before they are displayed (I deleted the duplicated post).