Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Can't Browse or Sync from Macbook to iPad

Can't Browse or Sync from Macbook to iPad 4 years 8 months ago #4673

Blair

Fresh Boarder

On my iPad Mini 4 I press Import, then the Computer icon, then I press the Sync button and then press connect button and I get this message"

"Please wait, sending data to server" but nothing happens.

My Macbook is on and my YacReaderLibrary is on, but my iPad can't find my YacReaderLibrary comics.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Blair
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't Browse or Sync from Macbook to iPad 4 years 8 months ago #4674

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

You have to tap the "Browse" button. Sync is for synchronizing back the reading progress of the comics imported from YACReaderLibrary.

If the connection data is correct, you'll be able to navigate your library and then import or read remotelly.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Can't Browse or Sync from Macbook to iPad 4 years 7 months ago #4749

pdofak

Fresh Boarder

one guy trying to make it better

So yeah, I have a similar question.
How exactly is the sync supposed to work?
I have been using the YACReader Library to load books into the mobile devices.
The only syncing I see happening is the YAC desktop reader will update the current page in the Library when you close the reader. The mobile devices don't seem to sync at all after pressing the Sync button. They go through a quick motion but it doesn't appear that anything has happened.
Or am I just doing it wrong?
The ebook reader Marvin does a splendid job of syncing multiple devices by updating a status file on a cloud service as you are reading. When you switch to another device you manually catch up by pushing a sync button, it displays a list of the read position of each device reading that book. Then you pick one in the list. Usually, that's the furthest one but it's cool to see and have choice.
Thx

Can't Browse or Sync from Macbook to iPad 4 years 7 months ago #4750

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

The sync button send the reading progress on iOS to YACReaderLibrary. The UI in YACReaderLibrary won't upadate automatically.

Better sync will come in future releases.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\