Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer

Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer 3 years 4 months ago #5545

oldirtdog

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I'm using the Docker container from XthursdayX on my UnRAID installation. I can view the library and import onto the iPad. However, when I click sync status, it just pops up and goes away immediately. It definitely doesn't sync read status to the server. By default it is supposed to use port 8080, but I have changed it to 8088 as there is another docker using 8080 already. This shouldn't be a problem as I can definitely connect and view the library. Are there any known bugs with a docker install like this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer 3 years 4 months ago #5547

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

What’s the version of the server you are running? Make sure it is 9.7.1
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer 3 years 4 months ago #5552

oldirtdog

Fresh Boarder

hmm... I'm using this in Docker: hub.docker.com/r/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker

I checked the version and it is 9.6.2

root@L337Tank:~# docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer -v
YACReaderLibraryServer 9.6.2

So, I'm guessing I probably need to figure out how to get that version updated in the Docker... Can you help me with some instructions on how to do this? I realize the docker itself makes things differently, but if there are instructions on how to do it on Linux out there, I can probably adapt them...

Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer 3 years 4 months ago #5553

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

I don’t maintain the Docker image, but you can try this stackoverflow.com/questions/27529191/how...o-a-docker-container

You have to update the code to the latest commit.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer 3 years 4 months ago #5555

retox

Fresh Boarder

Hi oldirtdog,

right now I am struggeling with the YACReader server setup. Can you tell my how to add/create a library? Maybe you could post all settings with a pictures? I created a library with the YACReader server on my Mac on the UNRAID server share /media/comics (the Mac created library is within this folder). Ports are correct, but I don‘t know how to integrate the library. I‘m reading comics on my iPad and would like to individually load comics on this device because of space reasons. Can you please help me?

All the best ... retox

Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer 3 years 4 months ago #5561

oldirtdog

Fresh Boarder

I’ll see if I can get screen shots later. However it’s fairly simple. Login to unraid and go to the terminal. Icon in the upper right that looks like a greater than sign. Once there you can enter docker commands. Go to the link I posted above to xthursdays repository. The commands for creating and updating a library are at the bottom. You should be able to use /comics as your library location if you are using that same docker pull. I had issues when migrating over to this headless style too until I figured out you needed to run the commands from the terminal. Once you have the library created you can update it from the windows version and make lists, update comics, etc.

Cannot sync read status with YACReaderServer 3 years 4 months ago #5611

oldirtdog

Fresh Boarder

Happy to announce I got the docker updated to the latest version and now it's syncing the read status. Thanks for the assist!