Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Suddenly cannot import comics from local server

Suddenly cannot import comics from local server 2 years 7 months ago #6215

KlingonFrenzy

Fresh Boarder

I decided to import my entire library into the iPad app for YACReader. All together about 850 comics, at 40GBs. I was importing the last folder (which was the largest of the bunch) and the app crashed. When i loaded it up, it automatically finished importing the remaining comics for the subfolder it was working on. It did not however, import the remaining two folders (roughly 40 comics).

Now when I try to import a folder nothing happens. When I try to import a specific comic it gives me an error. The odd thing is I can still read the comics remotely from the server just fine. I just cant import. The error I get is:

“The app was unable to get needed information from the YacReaderLibrary, please, check the server and the comics status.”

As I said, the server still lets me read comics just fine. But just in case I restarted it, verified it was accessible, and updated the entire library just in case. Still no luck. And, just for good measure, I also restarted my app. It wont let me attach a screenshot, but i copied verbatim the error message I was receiving above.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Suddenly cannot import comics from local server 2 years 7 months ago #6217

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Can you delete one of the comics in other folder and then try to import it? Also double check the import list, are there any comics pending there? And do you have enough free space in your device?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Suddenly cannot import comics from local server 2 years 7 months ago #6218

KlingonFrenzy

Fresh Boarder

I deleted a comic and went to import it, this time it worked flawlessly. So it seems that just the folders that were queued at the time of the crash are experiencing this problem. As for checking the import list, its not visible within the app (like when no importing is going on). Does the server have logging for import requests? If so, I can provide that shortly - just gotta hunt it down. And as far as storage goes I'm definitely golden. Even after all the other comics ive still got around 200GBs available and the remaining comics only total a couple hundred MBs.
Last Edit: 2 years 7 months ago by KlingonFrenzy.

Suddenly cannot import comics from local server 2 years 7 months ago #6219

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Can you send me one of the comics it refuses to import? (use the e-mail you can find in the contact section) And before you send me the file, try to import the comic as a single file import (avoid queuing the whole container folder)
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Suddenly cannot import comics from local server 2 years 7 months ago #6220

KlingonFrenzy

Fresh Boarder

Okay, I can email one of them to you shortly. Ill include my username in the subject to make it identifiable. Also, to be clear, the error message i posted above only occurs when importing individual comics. If I import a whole folder then I receive no visual response. It doesnt show an import list, download progress, or an error message for that matter. So, same problem just minus any error message.

Suddenly cannot import comics from local server 2 years 7 months ago #6221

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Another thing you can try, rename one of the comics it can't import in your hard drive, then update the library in YACReaderLibrary, then try to import it again.

Suddenly cannot import comics from local server 2 years 7 months ago #6222

KlingonFrenzy

Fresh Boarder

I've sent the email over to the support address. I also attempted the file rename but unfortunately that did not work.