Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Once again…can’t connect to the library

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6261

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

This occurs periodically — the iPadOS app is unable to connect to the library, and changing ports does nothing. The library is on a Windows machine, on the current version, and the only thing that’s changed recently is the iPadOS app, which recently updated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6262

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

My bet is that the server has problems starting at the designated port so it tries to pick another one.

Remove the existing connection, then set a new port in the server, close YACReaderLibrary (make sure it doesn't keep running in the system tray) and open it again, now check on what port the server is running. And finally and the connection again in the iOS app scanning the QR code.

EDIT: Another thing, make sure that you use static IPs in your network, at least for the computer where the server is running, otherwise the IP of your computer will constantly change and you have to update in the iOS app.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6265

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

Done all of that, turned off the WiFi (the computer is connected via Ethernet so it shouldn’t have been running), tried multiple ports, alternate IPs (from the Library drop down), no luck. I’m about to the point of uninstalling and reinstalling (not the best idea with the app, as I lose all my downloads, but it’s less of a pain with the Windows app; I just have to redo the libraries.)

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6267

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Hmmm, did you check the firewall?

The communication between the ios app and the server is pretty straightforward, the only two possible issues are: 1) wrong connection data, 2) something blocks the connection (or the devices are not in the same network)
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6268

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

Doesn’t seem to be the firewall, and the VPN is presently off. Still nothing.

The issue is curiously intermittent — it seems to be a matter of app versions on the iPad rather than the Library version, as I’ve had Library import working just fine since the last update. It broke again after the last app update. At this point I rather throw up my hands in defeat, and will, I suppose, just have to go the long way around with the currently slightly broken Google import (which works; the landing folder won’t stick.)

As for network, the computer is on Ethernet, the iPad on my home network.

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6269

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

I might, I suppose, try switching to the Mac that I use for a Plex server, but first I need a new drive I can format for that so I can move the library.

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6270

Luis Ángel

Administrator

There aren’t any issues in the iOS app regarding server connectivity. Try to enter the ip:port number in a web browser in iOS, does it connect to the server?

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6278

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

Tried that, no go.

I’m going to take a look at Avast, see if that’s doing it.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled; it didn’t help. I’ll try rolling back a version, but I don’t see it being YACReader Library, honestly; import was working fine until the last app update.

Plex Media Server is working just fine, meanwhile. That’s the only other program that serves media to the iPad (and other devices.)

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6279

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

I’m back to my other idea — I’m going to install to the Mac Mini, and set up a test directory and see what happens.

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6280

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

Until I run a test on the Mac Mini I’m completely out of ideas here — I’ve put the computer entirely on WiFi, checked the firewall, turned off the VPN (which should not affect anything), uninstalled, reinstalled, changed ports multiple times, and turned Avast’s active shields.

Nothing.

As I’ve said, this issue seems to be cyclic. The iPadOS version gets updated and what was smoothly connecting suddenly fails miserably. I’m trying to recall when the last time the app fully worked *was*. I’m pretty sure it was after the last Windows update, which is why I don’t think this is on the Windows end.
  • Page: