Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Once again…can’t connect to the library

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 6 months ago #6281

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

If a web browser in your iOS device can’t connect to the server then the iOS app can’t be culprit. The app uses plain HTTP to connect to the server.

What happens if you try a web browser in your windows machine? Does it connect?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 5 months ago #6306

Wyldemusick

Fresh Boarder

As the song goes, it’s been a long road getting from there to here. I still have no explanation for why import from YACReader Library capability changed (again) but I kept at it because I wanted a solution that didn’t involve a tedious port to the Mac (where Plex has now gone belly-up after I upgraded to Big Sur.)

Import is now working again. Somewhere in the midst of things I did is the actual solution, but specifically what, I do not know. Turns out, too, that Avast now has a firewall function, so Windows Defender is out of the loop. I changed Avast’s settings to “ask” which was hilariously irritating for an hour.

I also got into the router and set it to a static IP. Additionally set up the Ethernet and WiFi for the same. Have yet to get proper port forwards done as this Jetstream router makes that hard to sort out (my old Netgear gateway was simplicity in that front; lousy equipment generally, though.)

In YRL I set the port to 40000.

So…now it’s working. Whoo.

Once again…can’t connect to the library 2 years 5 months ago #6307

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Great!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
  • Page: