Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Remote library not on the same network

Remote library not on the same network 9 years 3 months ago #998

shai157

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I really love your app and using it on my iPhone 6. I have a comic library on my PC (Windows 7) - all ports are forwarded and there's no firewall blocking. When I'm on WiFi at home, on the same network as my PC, I have no problem connecting to the remote library, but when I'm outside and not on the same network, I can't connect (via WiFi).

A. Is this a feature that doesn't exist on the app yet?
B. If it does, why I can't make it work?

Thanks,

Shai
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Remote library not on the same network 9 years 3 months ago #999

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

You can use YACReader from outside (via WiFi, data plan will be enabled in 2.0).

Are you sure that the port is being forwarded?

You can test your config using a web browser. Just type yourpublicip:port in the address bar, and you should be able to browse your library....

Let me know any progress on the issue.

Thank you for purchasing YACReader for iOS.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Remote library not on the same network 9 years 3 months ago #1000

shai157

Fresh Boarder

Thanks!

I tried my public ip and it worked! Thanks!

Remote library not on the same network 8 years 2 months ago #2016

Hiryu

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hi Luis,

I'm having some issues accessing my YAC library remotely on the iphone and ipad. I've set everything up and port forwarded YAC port on my router. Using the public address and dns alias that I have set up, I can access it completely fine on a web browser.

However, from the app (both on the iphone and ipad), it seems to keep getting connection errors. Sometimes it'll connect, but then would not allow me to actually browse a cbr when I choose it, and I see the connection icon in the status bar keep spinning, but nothing happens, sometimes it'll time out with a connection error.

Please help! Thanks. Any advice otherwise? Change port number, etc?

Remote library not on the same network 8 years 2 months ago #2017

Hiryu

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I just tried using a different port number, but that didn't help.

I am sometimes able to go past the libraries page, and go into the actual library, but can never get past the browse folder level (to actually get to the cbr files).

Keep getting connection error server not found. But once I change it back to the local ip, it runs completely smoothly.

??? =( Hoping I can get some help figuring this out. I have a pretty strong internet connection at home, and have a few other servers for media running fine, so it's YAC that I'm trying to get connected remotely now. Thanks -- hope anyone with advice can help.

Remote library not on the same network 8 years 2 months ago #2022

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hiryu, the iOS client is using some aggressive network settings for optimizing the access to a remote library in a local network.

I am working in a native browser for the app, and hopefully it will fix these kind of issues.

Sorry for the inconveniences.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Remote library not on the same network 2 years 10 months ago #6003

KarenP3

Fresh Boarder

Hi I really like your app and I use it on my iPhone 6 (yes I am an old man). I have comics library on my PC (Windows 7) - all ports are forwarded and no firewall blocking. When I use Wi-Fi at home, on the same network as my computer, I have no problem connecting to the remote library, but when I am outside and not on the same network, I cannot connect (via Wi-Fi) ... ...
If I do this on a computer at work, then the employee monitoring software synchronizes computers and suggests adding an account of my colleague, who also uses YacReader, I don’t like it, I don’t want to communicate with him.
William Butler Yeats
employee monitoring software
"Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire."