Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Solus Os?

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3896

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Ok, I think I see the problem now. In fact it's two problems. The first problem is that unarr isn't detected. The second problem is that the detection fails silently, i.e. the build system doesn't show you this failure.

The silent failure is already fixed in git, so as a first step to solve this you can simply get the source from git:
git clone https://github.com/yacreader/yacreader

If detection still fails using that snapshot we will take a closer look on how you installed the unarr library on your system.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3897

buddy_spencer

Junior Boarder

Thank you. I cloned the repo on my machine and tried to build it but failed on make.
I think it is exactly the point where you saw the problem.
cd YACReader/ && ( test -e Makefile || /usr/bin/qmake -o Makefile /home/buddy/GIT/yacreader/YACReader/YACReader.pro ) && make -f Makefile 
Project MESSAGE: Using system provided installation of poppler-qt5 found by pkg-config.
Project ERROR: Missing dependency: unarr decrompression backend. Please install libunarr on your system or provide a copy of the unarr source code in compressed_archive/unarr/unarr-master
make: *** [Makefile:46: sub-YACReader-make_first] Fehler 3

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3898

selmf

Developer

Yes. You have two choices now - either build a package for libunarr so it's installed at build time or go for an embedded build. If you just want to test if you can compile the app at all an embedded build should be fine.
cd /home/buddy/GIT/yacreader/compressed_archive/unarr
mkdir unarr-master
git clone https://github.com/selmf/unarr unarr-master

or
cd /home/buddy/GIT/yacreader/compressed_archive/unarr
ln -s /path/to/unarr/source/directory unarr-master
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3899

buddy_spencer

Junior Boarder

Thank you for your help. I gave up on compiling it. I was missing some qt-packages and I couldn't find them in Solus.
But thank you for your help, it really helped a lot.

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3900

selmf

Developer

Actually the qt modules YACReader needs aren't anything special. They should be standard in most if not all distributions, but the way they are packaged probably isn't. I'm pretty sure you're quite close to getting this working.

Afaik Solus has a packaging support forum. I'm pretty sure that the Solus community can help you with the remaining problems if you create a post there.

Here's the link: solus-project.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3902

buddy_spencer

Junior Boarder

Hi there,

I was finally able to compile and install it on Solus OS :cheer:
From what I see so far, the only thing not working right now, are the different comic views.
At switching I just get a white screen where the comics are supposed to be.

QT version is 5.10

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3903

selmf

Developer

Congratulations! For the comic views you need to install some more packages which are not part of the build process. Usually installing qt5-declarative and qt5-qtquick2 does the trick.

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3904

buddy_spencer

Junior Boarder

qt5-declarative is already installed, qt5-qtquick2 I have to find first.

As soon as I get that working, I will try to create a package for solus.

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3905

selmf

Developer

I think the package is called qt5-quickcontrols2 on Solus. If that doesn't do the trick, try installing qt5-graphicaleffects too.

Other optional stuff you might want to install includes qt5-multimedia (adds support for extra image formats) and qrencode (adds support for qr images in YACReaderLibrary's server module).

Solus Os? 5 years 11 months ago #3906

buddy_spencer

Junior Boarder

I already installed those.
I installed qt5-quickcontrols just now and it works perfectly.

Now I can try to package it.