Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Detailed Instructions for unRAID?

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 8 months ago #4177

eubbenhadd

Fresh Boarder

Anyone have detailed instructions for a docker neophyte and YACReader n00b?

I've created a docker container pointing to the muallin docker image, and assigned a port plus pointed to my comic folder. However, as I have no idea how to install the YACReader library, I'm stuck now.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 8 months ago #4190

timmit

Fresh Boarder

I struggled with this for a little while, too, because I was completely new to both Docker and unRAID. But I just got it working and I wanted to share so that hopefully it would help you, too!

I'm going to write out all steps in hopes that this might also help someone who hasn't gotten as far as you already have. But you can skip down to step 7.

----

These steps assume that you already have a library. Mine is set up so that YAC Reader Library and YAC Reader Library Server are both referencing the same directory/library on a share within the unRAID array. So my YAC Reader Library on my Mac handles adding comics, and the Server Docker dishes 'em out.

1. First thing's first, follow unRAID's directions on getting Docker up and running

2. Select "Add Container" from the Docker tab

"Add Container" Screen:
3a. Give it a name (What it is doesn't matter much, but don't use spaces, I think that was my issue at first)
3b. Set the Repository to: muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
3c. I have my network type set to host. Honestly, not sure what this setting is, but Plex is set to a host, so I followed.

Steps 4 and 5 are to map the path used within the app in the Docker container ("/comics") to a real path in your array.

4. Select "Add another path, port, variable, label or device"

"Add Configuration" Screen:
5a. Config type should be "path"
5b. Name doesn't matter, I used "Comics"
5c. Container Path should be /comics (important: all lowercase)
5d. Host Path is wherever your comics library is stored on your array
5e. Access Mode should be Read/Write
5f. Select Add.

6. Click Apply

If everything went swimmingly, you should see a readout that results in a success message. Hurray! it's up and running. Now we need a library.

7. Click on ">_ Terminal" up in the upper right of the unRAID menu bar (not the console for the docker)

8 In the terminal, enter the following:
docker exec <name of your container from step 3a> YACReaderLibraryServer add-library <library-name> /comics

You should get a success message if everything works correctly. You can then connect to the server from the IP address for your server box and port 8080.

To update your library on the server, enter the following into the unRAID Terminal:
docker exec <name of your container from step 3a> YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics

you'll notice that in both terminal commands, you're using the /comics path referenced in the Docker container, NOT the real path in your array, this is important to remember.

----

Hopefully that helps! I'll do my best to help with any other questions you might have, but I'm learning this along with you, haha.

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 8 months ago #4238

eubbenhadd

Fresh Boarder

Just saw this, going to try out now, thanks in advance! I'll let you know how it works. I'd done everything except step 7 as you thought.

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 8 months ago #4239

eubbenhadd

Fresh Boarder

So on step 8 I get the following error, possibly because I don't have a library and have never really used YACreader

docker exec YACReaderLibrary YACReaderLibraryServer add-library <library-name> /comics

library-name: No such file or directory

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 8 months ago #4240

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Just create one:

$ docker exec YACReaderLibrary YACReaderLibraryServer create-library <library-name> /comics
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 7 months ago #4242

eubbenhadd

Fresh Boarder

Yeah I did that but not able to see the server from either my Mac or iPhone....

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 7 months ago #4243

selmf

Developer

That usually either means that you forgot to start the server or that there is a network problem preventing you to access the sever running in the docker container.

Looking at timmit's description my guess would be that the server wasn't launched. You can fix that by running

$ docker exec YACReaderLibrary YACReaderLibraryServer start

I also recommend you to take a look at the inbuilt help, even if it isn't perfect:

$ docker exec YACReaderLibrary YACReaderLibraryServer --help

That will show you a list of available commands.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 7 months ago #4244

eubbenhadd

Fresh Boarder

I've attached the log and the docker config. I've tried in bridge and host mode no joy. Also, the error that shows in the log is new, before it would end with "INFO...YacReaderLibrary starting"
Attachments:

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 7 months ago #4245

selmf

Developer

The log is missing …

Detailed Instructions for unRAID? 5 years 7 months ago #4246

eubbenhadd

Fresh Boarder