Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: How 2 create a YACReader Server using Docker + NAS

How 2 create a YACReader Server using Docker + NAS 1 year 9 months ago #6833

danhackley

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 6

Any help with this one? Would love to get Yacreader library running on my Synology NAS so that I don't need the main PC on to access the library.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How 2 create a YACReader Server using Docker + NAS 1 year 8 months ago #6953

Renns

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 6

danhackley wrote:
Any help with this one? Would love to get Yacreader library running on my Synology NAS so that I don't need the main PC on to access the library.

I got it to work on my Synology DS418play. I’ve posted the steps here:
https://www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/2067-how-2-create-a-yacreader-server-on-synology-nas

Help needed re: YACReader Server using Docker + NA 5 months 2 weeks ago #8024

civilsachin

Fresh Boarder

Namaste lgottschald

Thanks for the Detail instruction , so I added the library prepared on my Mac mini, and I can see all my comic are imported in mount folder /comics but some reason I can not access it from my iPhone

following error I see

WARN 2023-11-01T10:11:40.148 OSqlDatabasePrivate::addDatabase: duplicate connection name
"/comics/. yacreaderlibrary7facc66020', old connection removed.
WARN2023-11-01T10:11:40.161 QSqlQuery::prepare: database not open

Let me know what am I missing I am using XthurssdayX docker image over Synology NAS

Thanks in advance

How 2 create a YACReader Server using Docker + NAS 2 weeks 3 days ago #8342

ryxan

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I finally got this working on my QNAP after over a year of giving up previously. Turns out the docker container mentioned here only for for x86, but there is another fork from xthursdayx that works for ARM processors.

The only thing I couldn't get working is my symbolic links to the .yacreaderlibrary folder. I have all my comics stored on the HDD of my NAS, but the .yacreaderlibrary with the database and covers is stored on an SSD partition. I do this to speed up loading the thumbnail covers and not have hard drive noise when scrolling through the library.

Each of my libraries has a symbolic link from HDD-share/library-name/.yacreaderlibrary -> SSD-share/library-name/.yacreaderlibrary

Doing this works just fine on YACReader for Windows, but when adding the library in the docker container with "YACReaderLibraryServer add-library <library-name> /comics" it gives the message that the library database is not found.

The first thing I figured is I needed to mount the SSD-share to the docker container to give it access, but that still didn't work.

EDIT: I figured it out. In the container settings I had to mount the exact full path of the SSD share being used in the symbolic link: /share/CE_CACHEDEV1_DATA/YACReader/Manga
Last Edit: 2 weeks 1 day ago by ryxan. Reason: Solved
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
  • Page: