Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Lib no longer working after 9.8.0 - raspberry-pi

  • dreibona
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #5953 by dreibona
Hi, I made this dockerfile

File Attachment:

File Name: yacreaders...0.tar.gz
File Size:2.19 KB
and was able to run the server on a raspberry-py 4 for months with the version 9.7.1. (setup is raspios-buster-armhf-lite, openmediavault5 and Portainer)

Code:
FROM debian:buster LABEL maintainer="dreibona" WORKDIR /src WORKDIR git # Update system RUN apt-get update && \ apt-get -y install qt5-default libpoppler-qt5-dev libpoppler-qt5-1 wget unzip libqt5sql5-sqlite libqt5sql5 sqlite3 libqt5network5 libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a build-essential qtdeclarative5-dev libqt5multimedia5 libqt5multimedia5-plugins libunarr-dev qtmultimedia5-dev libqt5svg5 libqt5quickcontrols2-5 curl git make g++ qtscript5-dev qt5-qmake qtbase5-dev libglu1-mesa-dev desktop-file-utils libqt5svg5* libqt5opengl5-dev mercurial zip RUN git clone https://github.com/YACReader/yacreader.git . && \ git checkout master RUN cd compressed_archive/unarr/ && \ wget github.com/selmf/unarr/archive/master.zip && \ unzip master.zip && \ rm master.zip && \ cd unarr-master/lzmasdk && \ ln -s 7zTypes.h Types.h RUN cd /src/git/YACReaderLibraryServer && \ qmake YACReaderLibraryServer.pro && \ make -j4 && \ make install RUN cd / && \ rm -rf /src && \ rm -rf /var/cache/apt &&\ apt-get purge -y git wget build-essential && \ apt-get -y autoremove ADD YACReaderLibrary.ini /root/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary/ VOLUME /Comics EXPOSE 46000 ENV LC_ALL=C.UTF8 ENTRYPOINT ["YACReaderLibraryServer","start"]

Today, I updated the container to run the last version 9.8.0 and everything works fine, I can navigate the library folders in the ipad (latest version), but when I try to open a comic book I receive a popup error on ipad "Timeout loading Unable to connect to YACReaderLibrary" blackscreen and the server shutdown. The comic book or any didn't load.

Is there any new package that I need to updated in the Dockerfile to run the latest version? What am I missing?

My workaround was to build a second image with "git checkout tags/9.7.1" and it works as it should.

Any thoughts is appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5955 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Lib no longer working after 9.8.0 - raspberry-pi
I will take a look

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5956 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Lib no longer working after 9.8.0 - raspberry-pi
Seems to be working fine in Windows...so hopefully it is just a setup problem

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5958 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Lib no longer working after 9.8.0 - raspberry-pi
What version of the app are you using in iOS?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • dreibona
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #5959 by dreibona
I tryed with the last version 3.14.1 and the testflight, the problem persist, 9.8.0 i can navigate the server files/folders but can't open the cbx file. 9.7.1 works nice.

Also I tested the headless version without the docker and the problem is the same.

I just compiled the last version os raspiOS and the problem is the same... On the YACReader Library app (local) if I double click the comic I received a message - comic not found. I can connect the server, navigate but not open the comic book file.

BTW Thanks a lot for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5960 by selmf
First thing to test in this case is if opening comics works at all. Can you open a comic using a local version of YACReader (not via the Library app)?

Otherwise this sounds like a configuration/path problem, i.e. the server can find your library database and existing covers just fine but for some reason cannot locate or open the comics. Have you checked the log messages of the headless server? It should show you right at the start which libraries it is seeing at which path.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dreibona

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5961 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Lib no longer working after 9.8.0 - raspberry-pi

dreibona wrote: I tryed with the last version 3.14.1 and the testflight, the problem persist, 9.8.0 i can navigate the server files/folders but can't open the cbx file. 9.7.1 works nice.

Also I tested the headless version without the docker and the problem is the same.

I just compiled the last version os raspiOS and the problem is the same... On the YACReader Library app (local) if I double click the comic I received a message - comic not found. I can connect the server, navigate but not open the comic book file.

BTW Thanks a lot for your help


Can you create a small test libary with YACReaderLibrary 9.8.0 and test if you can open comics?

Did you try to update your existing libraries? Because the library information seems to be there, but the "comic not found" error message indicates the path in the data base no longer points to the actual files.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • dreibona
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #5962 by dreibona

Can you open a comic using a local version of YACReader (not via the Library app)?

I can't, "comic not found" error.

Can you create a small test libary with YACReaderLibrary 9.8.0 and test if you can open comics?

Sure, and this time I can't see folders (and open comics) of the new library.

Did you try to update your existing libraries?

yes

Please check the logs with comments for more details:

File Attachment:

File Name: logtrace.txt
File Size:34.26 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #5963 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Lib no longer working after 9.8.0 - raspberry-pi
Can you create a library with one or more PDF files and see if it works?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • dreibona
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #5964 by dreibona

Can you create a library with one or more PDF files and see if it works?

Short answer: it works on both drives.

So, just to double check if it was a problem with my external drive I created 2 libs, one with cbx and another with pdf on the external drive and the same on the local system drive.

Follow the structure and the log:



File Attachment:

File Name: log.txt
File Size:76.76 KB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!