TOPIC: YacReader on Unraid help

YacReader on Unraid help 2 years 10 months ago #5987

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

use `-p 9999:64998` instead of `-p <port>:64998`

I am no expert in docker so maybe you can consider to contact xthursdayx

Something like this:
docker run -d --name="yacserver" -e TZ="America/New_York" -v /path/to/comics:/comics:rw -p 9999:8080 xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker

The -p 9999:8080 part means that the server will run in the port 8080 in the docker container, but it will be accessible through your host using the 9999 port. In other words you need to use 9999 from the ios app.

This -v /path/to/comics:/comics:rw will mount the path to your comics to the /comics folder in the container, when you run commands in the container to create or add a library, use /comics

You have spaces in your path to your comics, try putting that in quotes if it gives you troubles.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YacReader on Unraid help 2 years 10 months ago #5988

twopossums

Fresh Boarder

Hmm. Well at least this gave me a diffent response. I entered

docker run -d --name="yacserver" -e TZ="America/New_York" -v /mnt/user0/"BDz and Comics":/comics:rw -p 9999:8080 xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker

And it spit this out at me.
docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/yacserver" is already in use by container "1435a5140e823d5b6db10a2ce65968dc8117b01bfceee7b5cc16a977501cd59e". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See 'docker run --help'.

So I'm not really sure where to go from that. Thank you for your help by the way.

YacReader on Unraid help 2 years 10 months ago #5989

twopossums

Fresh Boarder

Ok I figured out how to remove the other container. was I not supposed to install the docker from the apps store? I had to stop that before I could remove the old container.

I created a new library and now it seems to be doing stuff.
I'm getting a lot of this message
docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library <library-name> /comics

Not sure what that means yet.

YacReader on Unraid help 2 years 10 months ago #5990

twopossums

Fresh Boarder

Damnit didn't copy the error message. Haha. Sorry
! _7z.c:200: 7z support requires 7z SDK (define HAVE_7Z

I'm wondering if it doesn't understand CBZ files. Not sure.

YacReader on Unraid help 2 years 10 months ago #6001

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

If you have 7zip files in your collection you need to compile with 7z support. Not sure if there is a container out there with 7zip support.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YacReader on Unraid help 2 years 10 months ago #6045

xthursdayx

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

twopossums wrote:
Damnit didn't copy the error message. Haha. Sorry
! _7z.c:200: 7z support requires 7z SDK (define HAVE_7Z

I'm wondering if it doesn't understand CBZ files. Not sure.
Hi twopossums this is xthursdayx, the maintainer of the docker image you're using. I also run Unraid and host a docker template for my YACReaderLibraryServer image that can be found in Unraid's Community Apps. Using that template will making installing and managing this container easier than installing it with the a `docker run` command.

I'm currently working on bundling the docker image with 7zip, but it is still in the testing phase. That said, I've never run into any problems opening .cbz files. You will see that 7z error when you start the container, but it doesn't affect usability in most cases.

If you have other questions specific to running YACReaderLibraryServer on Unraid, specifically with my docker image, please use the support thread in the Unraid Forums here: forums.unraid.net/topic/110003-support-x...readerlibraryserver/
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by xthursdayx. Reason: updated forum link
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
  • Page: