Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YAC Reader for Linux mint 17 32 bits?

YAC Reader for Linux mint 17 32 bits? 8 years 7 months ago #1775

Saborit

Fresh Boarder

Hi, am mostly a windows guy, but I installed Linux mint in a old laptop and I'm trying to install linux mint there, however, I can't install the default download file for linux, it says something about amd64. Tried to build it from sources, reading the instructions at install.txt doc in the tar file but my system seems to miss something called qt5. Looked for it and it's a 1 Gig download with lots of options, it seems a bit overkill just to install a comic reader. Any other way I can get it running?
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Saborit.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YAC Reader for Linux mint 17 32 bits? 8 years 7 months ago #1776

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi Saborit,

we are aware of this problem. To put it simply, the software Linux Mint ships is simply too old for YACReader.

To run YACReader on Linux Mint you have two reasonable choices:

1) use my experimental Linux Mint backport repository for YACReader (be sure to carefully read my explanation on the experimental status!)

www.yacreader.com/forum/testers/319-yacr...-linux?start=10#1696

2) switch from Linux Mint to Linux Mint Debian Edition, the normal packages should work just fine with it
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Saborit

YAC Reader for Linux mint 17 32 bits? 8 years 7 months ago #1799

Saborit

Fresh Boarder

Thank you very much. It seems to work fine, with some occasional quirks, but nothing I can't live with