- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
Help and support for MacOSX users.
YACReader Library on Mavericks
- middle_pickup
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
12 years 10 months ago #300
by middle_pickup
YACReader Library on Mavericks was created by middle_pickup
Anyone else having problems running the Library app on Mavericks? Everything is super slow now. Not sure why.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 10 months ago #301
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
What is exactly slow? Comic flow? Importing/updating?
I haven't tested YACReader on Mavericks yet.
I haven't tested YACReader on Mavericks yet.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
12 years 10 months ago #305
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
Importing/updating libraries, cover flow, browsing library directories. Everything really. It's like the app is broken almost.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 10 months ago #306
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
Please, disable "Use hardware acceleration" in the options menu, and then restart YACReaderLibrary.
Let me know if this improves the things.
Let me know if this improves the things.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- fbaier
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 1
12 years 10 months ago #307
by fbaier
Replied by fbaier on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
I'm using hardware acceleration at 10.9 with the macbook pro retina. it's not a problem.
@zjDrummond: I recommend to remove the yacreader with some app cleanup tool. (example: appcleaner)
and unpack the yacreader.
Please give me a feedback if it's working again.
It's important to remove the yacreader with some cleaner.
@zjDrummond: I recommend to remove the yacreader with some app cleanup tool. (example: appcleaner)
and unpack the yacreader.
Please give me a feedback if it's working again.
It's important to remove the yacreader with some cleaner.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 10 months ago #310
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
thank you very much for your feedback fbaier.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JMan121314
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #457
by JMan121314
Replied by JMan121314 on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
Ok so I am new to the whole cbr comics thing and I just got YAC Reader. I must say it's pretty good. I cannot talk about how is different on Mavericks since I started with the Mavericks version but it does seem to take a very long time to open on my Mac Mini.
Also can someone tell me what is the difference between a library and a folder in the YACReader Library app? I can make libraries but I cannot figure out how to make folders. Can I sync folders from the iPad version?
I am just trying to figure out how to organize my collection before it gets too big.
Also can someone tell me what is the difference between a library and a folder in the YACReader Library app? I can make libraries but I cannot figure out how to make folders. Can I sync folders from the iPad version?
I am just trying to figure out how to organize my collection before it gets too big.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 4 months ago #458
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
A library is a collection of folders and subfolders. Basically you have to create a library in a folder that contains various folders. Folders are automatically created by YACReaderLibrary when it finds them in your storage unit. For example, if you have all your comics organized by folders in a parent folder named 'My Comics' in your HDD, you have to create a library there and YACReaderLibrary will explore all the subfolders looking for comics.
You can import complete folders using YACReader for iOS and YACReaderLibrary. The app will replicate all your folders structure into your iPad.
You can import complete folders using YACReader for iOS and YACReaderLibrary. The app will replicate all your folders structure into your iPad.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: JMan121314
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JMan121314
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
12 years 4 months ago #459
by JMan121314
Replied by JMan121314 on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
Thanks for the quick response Luis. I am not sure I fully understood you at first but now I know what to do. I organized my comics by publisher and then in subfolders I did stuff like Spider-Man and Fantastic Four and then I just made a Marvel Comics Library and the folders show.
This is awesome
I know this is not the best place to ask but where would you recommend getting more cbr or cbz comics? Is there a forum to discuss that?
This is awesome
I know this is not the best place to ask but where would you recommend getting more cbr or cbz comics? Is there a forum to discuss that?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- plbp15
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 31
- Thank you received: 3
12 years 4 months ago #470
by plbp15
Replied by plbp15 on topic YACReader Library on Mavericks
Macbook pro 17'' early 2011, Mavericks latest version....no problems with the library here...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel