Help and support for MacOSX users.
Bugs on macOS Sierra
- AnMartini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 11 months ago #2581
by AnMartini
- Andrea
Bugs on macOS Sierra was created by AnMartini
Hi!
I noticed that there are a few bugs on macOS Sierra with YACReader and YACReaderLibrary.
The first problem is that it's impossible to open YACReader from YACReaderLibrary. Even if they both are "installed" in the Application folder this message appears:
The other problem is with YACReader. It works just fine but when you close the window the system show the error window saying it closed unexpectedly.
I noticed that there are a few bugs on macOS Sierra with YACReader and YACReaderLibrary.
The first problem is that it's impossible to open YACReader from YACReaderLibrary. Even if they both are "installed" in the Application folder this message appears:
The other problem is with YACReader. It works just fine but when you close the window the system show the error window saying it closed unexpectedly.
- Andrea
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dcato
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 5
9 years 11 months ago #2583
by dcato
Replied by dcato on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
I'm using YACReader only so I don't know about 1st problem.
I noticed 2nd problem and it appears to be due to Qt's bug.
bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56448
Workaround for application user is
1. Open options window
2. Press "Background Color"'s "Choose" button
3. Select tab other than "Color Wheel" tab. For example color pencils tab.
4. Close color picker. No need to actually select color.
I modified YACReader source code according to above bug report's guidance,
and confirmed that it works.
My modification of YACReader sources is below.
bitbucket.org/daisuke_cato/yacreader/com...e26b59fa7d7203e96600
Thank you.
I noticed 2nd problem and it appears to be due to Qt's bug.
bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-56448
Workaround for application user is
1. Open options window
2. Press "Background Color"'s "Choose" button
3. Select tab other than "Color Wheel" tab. For example color pencils tab.
4. Close color picker. No need to actually select color.
I modified YACReader source code according to above bug report's guidance,
and confirmed that it works.
My modification of YACReader sources is below.
bitbucket.org/daisuke_cato/yacreader/com...e26b59fa7d7203e96600
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AnMartini, offby1
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- AnMartini
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
9 years 11 months ago #2584
by AnMartini
- Andrea
Replied by AnMartini on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
I tried your workaround and it does work!
Thanks!
Sadly the YACReaderLibrary problem is the most annoying one.
Thanks!
Sadly the YACReaderLibrary problem is the most annoying one.
- Andrea
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 11 months ago #2589
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
Hi AnMartini,
Luis has been a bit busy these days so he hasn't had yet had time to test YACReader on MacOS Sierra. Don't worry though, he is aware that there are some problems that need to be adressed and he will look at it.
Luis has been a bit busy these days so he hasn't had yet had time to test YACReader on MacOS Sierra. Don't worry though, he is aware that there are some problems that need to be adressed and he will look at it.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AnMartini
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- skrimaging
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 4
9 years 11 months ago #2599
by skrimaging
Replied by skrimaging on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
I have also a bug in Sierra.. along with the bugs mentionned above, there is a Fullscreen bug aswell..
prior to Sierra, when I opened a Comic from the library, it would open Yac reader in the window state of the last comic opened... if it was full screen (macOS fullscreen mode), all other comics opened full screen..
now it always opens them in windowed mode and I have to manually hit the full screen button... maybe this bug has something to do with the yac reader app quitting when closing comic so it does not write the last session state to a certain plist because of crash.
please verify.
prior to Sierra, when I opened a Comic from the library, it would open Yac reader in the window state of the last comic opened... if it was full screen (macOS fullscreen mode), all other comics opened full screen..
now it always opens them in windowed mode and I have to manually hit the full screen button... maybe this bug has something to do with the yac reader app quitting when closing comic so it does not write the last session state to a certain plist because of crash.
please verify.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jotteerr
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 11 months ago #2611
by jotteerr
Replied by jotteerr on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
Maybe a quick note that I'm using Sierra since the last public beta, now on 10.12.1, and both the full screen bug and the YACReaderLibrary bug never occured here.
I did have the YACReader problem upon closing, though, but with the workaround posted by Daisuke, it's gone (Domo arigato!).
BTW, thanks for this great software, Luis and selmf!
I did have the YACReader problem upon closing, though, but with the workaround posted by Daisuke, it's gone (Domo arigato!).
BTW, thanks for this great software, Luis and selmf!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- offby1
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 10 months ago #2651
by offby1
Replied by offby1 on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
I would like to know if there's any chance of seeing fixes for these two issues land in the code in the near future?
I'm also quite grateful for the wonderful software, for my part. Please don't take this as pushing, just a happy user hoping for a new release soon.
I'm also quite grateful for the wonderful software, for my part. Please don't take this as pushing, just a happy user hoping for a new release soon.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 10 months ago #2652
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
The latest news that I am aware of is that the fixes made by dcato were merged but neither dcato nor Luis could reproduce the "YACReader not found" error.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Ilans
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago - 9 years 9 months ago #2726
by Ilans
Replied by Ilans on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
I recently switched to Sierra and the same problem appear to me now... Can't open comics via the library... It's quiet annoying... Hoping you'll be able to fix it.
Also when I quit YACReader I have the message "YACReader has quit unexpectedly". It's only when I quit it so it's not a big problem though.
YACReader and his library are awsome by the way!
Also when I quit YACReader I have the message "YACReader has quit unexpectedly". It's only when I quit it so it's not a big problem though.
YACReader and his library are awsome by the way!
Last edit: 9 years 9 months ago by Ilans.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- DEBob
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
9 years 9 months ago #2737
by DEBob
Replied by DEBob on topic Bugs on macOS Sierra
I'm having the same "Yacreader not found" error. MacOS 10.12.2.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel