Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Comic not found

Comic not found 6 years 5 months ago #3431

TDucker92

Fresh Boarder

So I followed the above instructions, which didn't work.

I then deleted the library and added a single folder, which then worked. I deleted the library, re-added the entire directory (34 folders with various subfolders) which again didn't work.

It seems I only have the issue when selecting all 34 folders to add to the library. The same comics that failed to open work fine when only one folder is selected. Any advice?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Comic not found 6 years 5 months ago #3432

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

There's nothing you can do at this point except using smaller libraries. Evidently the measures we've employed to fix the timeout bug were not sufficient in your case, but this is something Luis will have to investigate.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Comic not found 6 years 5 months ago #3433

TDucker92

Fresh Boarder

Hi,

I've added four separate libraries now which is working fine.

Luis - If I'm able to save the libraries so I don't have to re-add everything again, I'm more than happy to add a single library to help find out what the issue is. Thanks for all your help.

Comic not found 6 years 5 months ago #3434

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Creating various libraries is not the way to go.

Obviously this is a bug that has to be fixed before the next release. 34 folders is a small number, and YACReaderLibrary should be able to handle much bigger libraries.

Libraries are stored in a folder .yacreaderlibrary inside the folder you choose as root for the library. So you don't need to recreate the library again.

What are your pc specs? What version of Windows are you using? How many comics do you have in the library?

EDIT: btw, I don't think this is a time out, the error message is different in that case.

EDIT2: please compress and send me the this folder:
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Comic not found 6 years 4 months ago #3441

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hey TDucker92,

I hope you're still reading this. The bug you've discovered is a potential blocker bug for the 9.0.0 release, so we would like to fix it, but we can't quite recreate your problem, so we need your feedback (the stuff Luis asked for in this post).
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Comic not found 6 years 4 months ago #3487

Smith

Fresh Boarder

selmf wrote:
Hey TDucker92,

I hope you're still reading this. The bug you've discovered is a potential blocker bug for the 9.0.0 release, so we would like to fix it, but we can't quite recreate your problem, so we need your feedback (the stuff Luis asked for in this post).

I have this exact problem on my pc server

See this thread here (last post). Exact same problem

www.yacreader.com/forum/support-windows/...thumbnail-on-library

Currently away on work but will post on my return
  • Page: