Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Update Cover in YACLibrary

Update Cover in YACLibrary 5 years 9 months ago #4127

salasnet

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

After adding some comics to YACReader Library, I noticed that a few of the issues had incorrect covers (i.e., the first image in the CBZ file was incorrect.)

I manually opened the CBZ files and fixed the problem my making sure the correct image for the cover was the first image).

However, YACLibrary had already extracted the incorrect image into its cache and there was no way I could find to "force" an update so that the cached cover image was replaced with the correct one.

I went into the cached covers folder, hoping to delete just the incorrect covers, but there was no way to tell which image was the correct one, as they are all have non-human friendly names. With well over 10,000 items in this folder, manually looking through each one was not an option.

The only solution I had was to delete all of the covers and have YACLibrary rebuild all of the covers, including the few that were incorrect.

This seems needlessly difficult to fix a problem with only a few issues.

Would it be possible to right-click on an issue and force it to be "rescanned" for the library so that its cover can be updated? OR, be able to right-click on an issue and select "Open cover" so we can quickly locate what cover we need to delete?

Thanks! Great program!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Update Cover in YACLibrary 5 years 9 months ago #4128

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

You can do what you want without modifying the comic files or messing with the YACRearderLibrary's cache.

Use the edit comic dialog, the dialog shows the current cover, there are a couple of buttons in the bottom part of the cover to select the page you want to be the cover.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The administrator has disabled public write access.