Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader Library is not opening

YACReader Library is not opening 5 years 8 months ago #4156

eyjaay

Fresh Boarder

Good day everyone! I have a problem with YACReader Library in my Windows 7 pc. It worked perfectly on my old pc but when I switch to my other pc (what I am currently using) the Library is not opening. The reader is working and I can view my comics there but I want to use the library to manage them. I already tried to re-install it over and over again but nothing changes, it's not opening. When I checked the Task manager the same time I opened the YACReader library, it appeared but for just less than a second. I really hope for a solution. Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader Library is not opening 5 years 8 months ago #4157

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Usually problems like that are caused by old graphic card drivers. Update your graphic card drivers and see if that solves the issue.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader Library is not opening 5 years 8 months ago #4158

eyjaay

Fresh Boarder

How would I know if my graphics card driver is old?

YACReader Library is not opening 5 years 8 months ago #4159

selmf

Developer

Google it. There's probably a ton of tutorials out there on how to check and update the graphics card driver ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader Library is not opening 5 years 8 months ago #4160

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

eyjaay wrote:
How would I know if my graphics card driver is old?

First find what is your graphic card's manufacturer and model, and then download the latest drivers for it in the official web site. My experience is that the drivers coming with windows do not enable all the features your graphic card has.

You are the second user having this problem and I would like to find what is the problem here. It is limited to Windows 7 only so far.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader Library is not opening 5 years 8 months ago #4167

eyjaay

Fresh Boarder

actually I am This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. I am hoping maybe some other people can also help here :)

YACReader Library is not opening 5 years 8 months ago #4192

selmf

Developer

How do I find out which graphics card and driver my Windows pc has?

If you are not sure which card is in the computer, the exact name of your graphics card is available in the Windows Display Settings, that you can find through the Control Panel. You can also run Microsoft's DirectX diagnostic tool to get this information:

From the Start menu, open the Run dialog box.
Type dxdiag
Click on the Display tab of the dialog that opens to find graphics card information.
(this is from www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresen...ndows_pc_kb_540.html - first result on Google for "windows 7 get graphics card info")

Get the info from there. After that, search for the graphics card model + driver + Windows 7 + download on Google to get a download link for the newest version. Make sure the site you download from is actually the vendor of the graphics card.