Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: French metadata

French metadata 4 years 2 months ago #5031

poco06

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hello,

First, I have to say that Yacreader is near to the perfection !

The only point I would need is the ability to import French metadata (for example coming from BD Gest or BDOVORE).
The big advantage of Yacreader is that it scans the folder and find all books that are present (other comic management software do not offer sync with a dedicated folder !).
That being said, we need to fill the metadata infos and Comic wine is dedicated to US market mainly (very difficult to find info from French comics). So that would be good to have the same kind of feature than Comic Wine.

The other way to do this would be to have the ability to manage the database (library.ydb). I have made some search but did not found how to manage the data inside this file. Could you explain or give a link to have all needed info for that?

Regards
Pat
The administrator has disabled public write access.

French metadata 4 years 2 months ago #5032

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

We use Comicvine because the API is available to the public free of charge. We would need written permission to use BDgest (it is a commercial project and the terms of usage do not allow scraping info). I'm not familiar with BDOVORE, but we would need an API or a scraper to get the data - and permission to do so.

YACReader uses sqlite for database management. You can use sqlitebrowser.org/ to explore the structure, but I recommend doing a backup first ;)
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.