Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Is there a way to force update/refresh a folder?

Is there a way to force update/refresh a folder? 3 years 7 months ago #5385

AngeloB

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Sometimes I have to to some corrections of my comic files, but if I update the folder, it doesn't update the changed comic. For example, I noticed a graphic novel was 130 pages and I knew that was wrong. I found out it was missing a chapter, so I got it and added it to the comic file. I've also changed the cover (the first image of the file). I've updated the folder, and it still shows the outdated information (previous cover and previous page count).

The only way I found to fix this, was to take away the comic from that folder, update folder and move back the comic and update folder again. Only then YAC will actually think that updated file is a new file and scan it.

I guess this behaviour is to make it faster, so that when you add a file to a folder, it won't scan every single file again. But maybe there could be an option to make a new full update (maybe clicking to update while pressing a keyboard button?).

Is this possible/worth it for you to implement?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Is there a way to force update/refresh a folder? 3 years 7 months ago #5389

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Yeah, that's the reason, make updates faster. The app just compares file names. And yes, this should be added at some point. I can't give you an ETA though.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Is there a way to force update/refresh a folder? 3 years 7 months ago #5391

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

If I recall this correctly we also compare the first few bytes of the file, but in many cases that is not enough to detect a change.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.