Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Yac server on Windows - How to read on MacBook

Yac server on Windows - How to read on MacBook 3 years 2 months ago #5701

Alaxander609

Fresh Boarder

Hi Guys,

Currently, I have YAc server on Windows which hosts all the files, is there any way I can read the comics on laptop using that server. Any help would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yac server on Windows - How to read on MacBook 3 years 2 months ago #5702

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

You can use a laptop but you don't really need to connect to the server.

Just share the folder where you have all your comics through your network, then install YACReader and YACReaderLibrary in your laptop and just open your existing library like you would do it locally. Use YACReaderLibrary normally and open any comic you want to read.

If you need to update your library it is better to do it in your windows server, otherwise it can be slow.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Yac server on Windows - How to read on MacBook 3 years 2 months ago #5703

Alaxander609

Fresh Boarder

Thanks Luis, I was reading another pages on same stuff..can you please confirm this

How will the meta data work, will the comics I read get updated every time I open it ?

As I will be running two servers 1 windows & 2 Mac one. So while connecting on iPad os app - will elect windows.

All should ideally sync together.. hope the question is not complicated.

Yac server on Windows - How to read on MacBook 3 years 2 months ago #5705

Luis Ángel

Administrator

The metadata lives in the folder where you have our comics, e.g. c:\comics. YACReaderLibrary stores there, in a subfolder, all the information, the subfolder is called .yacreaderlibrary.

So when you reopen this library in your mac, you are actually reading the information from the windows library, and any progress will be stored there, all this happens over you local network.

As you can see, you only have one actual library, but shared...

When using the iOS app, yeah, you have to connect to the windows server, performance will be bad otherwise. In fact you can safely disable the server in you mac.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alaxander609

Yac server on Windows - How to read on MacBook 3 years 2 months ago #5706

Alaxander609

Fresh Boarder

tested this entire stuff prior your reply, it works - it would be great if you can get this posted or documented somewhere would save a lot of trouble for you guys, BTW awesome app thanks again

Yac server on Windows - How to read on MacBook 3 years 2 months ago #5708

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Yeah, one of these days I'll write an user guide, but to be honest a lot of people don't read them, the iOS app has a nice manual that nobody reads :)

Thanks for using YACReader.