Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: User Guide?

User Guide? 1 year 11 months ago #6722

jazucco

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Is there a user guide for YACReader Library? I am thinking of migrating a very large library (5,000+ comics) from Calibre to YACReader and want to see how to accomplish a few things without necessarily reading the entire forum :)

Examples:
- Search for all unread or read comics
- Mass updates to multiple series (mark read)
- Mass updates from Comicvine
- Sync a subset of comics by label to a mobile device, such as favorites or reading

I did not see a link for a manual on the website or in the Help menu option in the application.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

User Guide? 1 year 11 months ago #6725

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

No, there is no user guide, it is something I have to do, but I never find time to do it, for some time I hopped that some users could do it, you know, being the app open source and all.

YACReaderLibrary has a nice search engine that support expressions, so you'll be able to find any comic using any of the fields in the data base. Check this release note that includes a tutorial to use the search: www.yacreader.com/57-new-version-9-8-0

Mass updates can be done, you just need to select the comics you want, then mark them as read/unread, edit information or download it from ComicVine.

Importing from the iOS app is also possible, you can create custom reading lists or tags and them import them to the app, and also folders/subfolders.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

User Guide? 1 year 11 months ago #6726

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

About "Converting files to CBZ", no, it is not possible.

NAS is supported, you have two options here, mount the NAS folder containing your comics and use the app normally, and do that and also install yacreaderlibraryserver in the NAS to serve comics from there to iOS devices.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\