Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: IP adress

IP adress 1 year 10 months ago #6769

xijay

Fresh Boarder

Hi is it normal for my IP adress to change everyday? for instance my ip adress yesterday ends with 1, but tommoroe the IP adrress will end in 5 and it keeps on changing everyday. is it possible just to make it have like one ip adrress? so i can just connect it right after i open my yac in pc. its a struggle having to reconncect everytime i want to read.

is there a solution for this? To make the ip adress constant like it wouldnt change?
as for the port its fine i think? my port is the only one not changing even after i restart the program.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

IP adress 1 year 10 months ago #6773

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I think we are talking about this on Twitter.

The router needs to be configured to always assign the same IP to the machine where the server is running.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

IP adress 1 year 10 months ago #6800

pioneersky

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I recommend looking at how to set up a static IP, some routers will help you do this easily and list it as "Reserve IP" or something similar where it is tied to your MAC address on the computer. You can also usually do this on your Windows PC itself and there are lots of guides for it. Here is one example www.trendnet.com/press/resource-library/...et-static-ip-address (just the first hit on google but seems good enough)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

IP adress 1 year 10 months ago #6807

dmaker

Fresh Boarder

Be mindful, however, that if you manually configure a static address on your pc, make sure you remember that if you take the device and try to connect to a different wifi. It won't work. You will need to change your adapter back to dhcp.

Also, when selecting an address to manually assign, be sure not to pick something already in use on your LAN.

DHCP reservation via your router is easily your best option.