Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: "open with" library feature suggestion

"open with" library feature suggestion 1 year 4 months ago #7263

Timurama

Fresh Boarder

So what do you think of implementing a feature that allows opening comic archives from the Yac library in a program that isn't Yacreader? Look, I appreciate this project you've created and worked hard so hard on, but I cannot be blind to others comic reading software out there, namely, CDisplayEX, it has much more setting and tweaking tools that user could customize compared to Yacreader, one such feature is "shadow" effect, which simulates what you would call a crease between pages, which makes it look like I'm having an actual book spread open (see file attached) and not simply two jpg images lined in front of me. But to my dismay cdisplay doesn't have one thing you do, and that is amazing library app, which makes my local manga collection very organized and satisfying to look at, not to mention the variety of functions it has like bookmarks and reading status per volume, seriously it's great.
I cannot possibly ask you to waste time adding trifling features, like the one I mentioned, to your already perfectly working reading program but what you could do is make a simple "open with" option (like one we have on windows) that makes it possible for the user to choose which comic reading software he wants to open from your library and that's it (also switching the default reader in the similar fashion would be great too). I don't see how this little tweak would conflict with anything. You're not going to need to write code to make cdisplay remember such things as page position (because it already does it, and I imagine other comic readers do too). I suppose communicating bookmarks and read status between comic reader and library would have to be dropped if yac library were to work with "third party" tools, but those and many other things aren't that big a deal and one could do away with them at a little benefit in return. I'm not imploring you to fulfill my request, by any means. But it would be nice if you gave it a thought. Good day.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

"open with" library feature suggestion 1 year 4 months ago #7264

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

It has been requested other times, I won’t say no, but it isn’t in the roadmap so far…
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

"open with" library feature suggestion 7 months 2 weeks ago #7818

magnuschase293

Fresh Boarder

It might not be exactly what you are looking for, but if you are willing to compile from source you can edit YACReaderLibrary/library_comic_opener.cpp to open comics with default system viewer and probably with any given reader if you know how to open a comic in said reader from command line.

In my case, I am on MacOS and I deal exclusively in .cbz so it was enough to open with deafult system viewer and I only had to change:

#ifdef Q_OS_MACOS
/...
#endif

to

#ifdef Q_OS_MACOS
QStringList parameters { comic.getParentFolderName()+QString("/")+comic.getFileName()};
QProcess::startDetached("open", parameters);
#endif

I also had to set yacreaderFound value to true when defined.