Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: No thumbnails for cbz files in explorer

No thumbnails for cbz files in explorer 6 months 5 days ago #8014

ijasdias

Fresh Boarder

On the latest version v9.13.1.2307166 qt6, YACReader does not display thumbnails in file explorer.

I can fix this by installing CDisplayEx with "thumbnails in explorer" option, and even if I keep YACReader as the default application for .cbz files then the thumbnails are still generated.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Qt version: 6.3.1
Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-llp64
build CPU architecture: x86_64
CPU architecture: x86_64
Kernel type: winnt
Kernel version: 10.0.19044
Product info: Windows 10 Version 2009

GRAPHIC INFORMATION
Screen pixel ratio: 1.10416
OpenGL version: 4.6 desktop
Last Edit: 6 months 5 days ago by ijasdias.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

No thumbnails for cbz files in explorer 6 months 5 days ago #8016

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

YACReader never provided that kind of integration. It would be nice to add it but YACReader is cross-platform it would probably mean develop this feature multiple times.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

No thumbnails for cbz files in explorer 5 months 2 weeks ago #8044

AlbedoAtoned

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Funny enough I had a similar issue a few months ago and thought that something messed up with my install of Yacreader that caused it to stop generating thumbnails. Turns out, that the program that was actually generating thumbnails was Icaros which came with the k-lite codec pack. So there is a good chance that you too have it installed. What caused the issue was that windows ended up registering the cbz extension with another program and even setting it back to Yacreader didn't fix it. What did fix it was opening the codec tweak tool, selecting the thumbnails option and and making sure the cbz, cbr, and cb7 boxes were checked and hitting apply. I guess when the extension got registered to a different app it unchecked those checkboxes.