Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Can I delete metadata from single comic or folder?

Can I delete metadata from single comic or folder? 4 months 23 hours ago #8094

AngeloB

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I'm having a nightmare organizing a folder with 500+ files with the data in Comicvine that has 3000+ entries. Just scrolling to sort comics takes forever. I've decided not worth the time, but I already have com,,ics with downloaded metadata and now they will be out of order if they are mixed with comics without the metadata, and that bothers me.

Is there a way to clean the metadata from those comics, without having to delete the metadata file of the whole library (wich has 12000 other files, almost all already with metadata)?

Removing that folder, updating the library, adding that folder again and updating again the library won't do it. The software recongnizes the files again and fetches the metadata from the library's metadata file.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can I delete metadata from single comic or folder? 4 months 23 hours ago #8095

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Select all comics in that folder (there is a button for it) and then right click -> delete metadata from selected comics.

If the files are properly named they should be in the right order once you delete the metadata, then selecting all of them and getting the right series from comic vine shouldn't be hard to do.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Can I delete metadata from single comic or folder? 4 months 22 hours ago #8096

AngeloB

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Thank you! That was dumb of me, I was just looking at the buttons in the bottom, didn't occur to me that the right click menu would have other options!