- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Windows users.
Request for Windows on Arm Support
- d4wnkn1ght
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 8 months ago #9196
by d4wnkn1ght
Request for Windows on Arm Support was created by d4wnkn1ght
The app is not working on my new Surface 11 Copoilot PC. This is probably my most used app and not being able to use it is a huge loss for me. Is Windows on Arm being worked on, and if not, could you please consider adding support for it? I may have to return my laptop otherwise.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 8 months ago #9199
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
There are plans to support windows arm, I need to setup a job in Azure Pipelines to automate the process and get all the dependencies built for arm too, but I don't know when it will be available.
Windows arm is able to emulate x86/x64 apps: learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/arm/apps-on-arm-x86-emulation but I guess that should be transparent for the user, so if it doesn't work I don't know if there is anything you can do about it, I think some users have been using the apps on windows arm...
Windows arm is able to emulate x86/x64 apps: learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/arm/apps-on-arm-x86-emulation but I guess that should be transparent for the user, so if it doesn't work I don't know if there is anything you can do about it, I think some users have been using the apps on windows arm...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 8 months ago #9202
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
Or you can try to build it yourself in your arm machine...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- d4wnkn1ght
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
1 year 8 months ago #9203
by d4wnkn1ght
Replied by d4wnkn1ght on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
Thank you so much for your reply and for building this application that gives me so much joy. Just FYI i try to donate every year and will for as long as possible. Gb!
Coming back to the topic. I have had limited time to play with my machine since i am travelling and have not been able to update it fully to the latest version. I did try running the x64 version of the application as i have in the past and faced a few glitches and one crash. No BSODs yet.
I will try the x86 version when I am back home next week and update back.
Unfortunately I have no experience with coding at all otherwise I would have tried to build the application myself.
Once again thank you.
Coming back to the topic. I have had limited time to play with my machine since i am travelling and have not been able to update it fully to the latest version. I did try running the x64 version of the application as i have in the past and faced a few glitches and one crash. No BSODs yet.
I will try the x86 version when I am back home next week and update back.
Unfortunately I have no experience with coding at all otherwise I would have tried to build the application myself.
Once again thank you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- d4wnkn1ght
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
1 year 8 months ago #9247
by d4wnkn1ght
Replied by d4wnkn1ght on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
Having tested the x86 version since the past few weeks on latest updates and firmware of Surface Pro 11 X Plus, I can confirm that the Applications seems to run fine. I have had no issues. I also informed windowsonarm.org and they have changed the status to supported.
Thanks again Luis!
Thanks again Luis!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CharlyDic
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 2
11 months 1 week ago #9709
by CharlyDic
Replied by CharlyDic on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
Hi, I'm having a similar issue on a Windows 11 ARM version. Only 32-bit installer seems to work, te x64 throws an error and it's not possible to install.
The problem I'm facing is that the x86 version crashes with large files (600mb or higher).
Is there any chance you can add a Windows ARM version for downloading?
Thanks in advanced.
The problem I'm facing is that the x86 version crashes with large files (600mb or higher).
Is there any chance you can add a Windows ARM version for downloading?
Thanks in advanced.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 months 1 week ago #9715
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
I've been working on building YACReader for ARM, but I am having a hard time finding testers.
drive.google.com/file/d/1T33NBeeBhhmN7DChK7-PERKtqTMp3G9m
Hopefully it will be part of the next release.
drive.google.com/file/d/1T33NBeeBhhmN7DChK7-PERKtqTMp3G9m
Hopefully it will be part of the next release.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- CharlyDic
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 2
10 months 3 weeks ago #9742
by CharlyDic
Replied by CharlyDic on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
Thank you very much! I can confirm that the installer works as expected and I'm able to open large files (600mb or more).
I'll try t play around a bit more to see if I find anything.
Thanks again
I'll try t play around a bit more to see if I find anything.
Thanks again
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- d4wnkn1ght
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 7
- Thank you received: 1
9 months 4 weeks ago #9774
by d4wnkn1ght
Replied by d4wnkn1ght on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
Installed the ARM version yesterday and since then the Application refuses to start. Getting this error : "Application ERROR - The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc. Nothing works. Please help!!
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling etc. Nothing works. Please help!!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 months 3 weeks ago #9776
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Request for Windows on Arm Support
What device are you using?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel