- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
- Urdemales
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 months 4 days ago #10039
by Urdemales
full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish was created by Urdemales
Updated to the new version and now in full screen mode the cursor becomes noticeable sluggish while using maximized window the cursor speed is fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 months 4 days ago #10043
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
I can't replicate the problem. Do you mind going to Help -> System Info and paste here the information?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Urdemales
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
5 months 3 days ago #10058
by Urdemales
Replied by Urdemales on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
Downgraded to the previous build and no issues.
Try to open a compendium or something with lot of pages with the new build.
Try to open a compendium or something with lot of pages with the new build.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- MikeSinner
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Regularly Random
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 1
2 weeks 2 days ago #10281
by MikeSinner
Replied by MikeSinner on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
Hi,
I have the same issue and have had it with the 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 versions.
The problem started after upgrading to the new V10, so I downgraded to the last V9.xx and no longer experienced any problems with the mouse cursor becoming slow (mostly on full screen).
At some point, I had to remove my graphics card (to change the thermal paste and I also wanted to change out the heatsink).
The card is an Nvidia RTX4080 and while it was out of my system, I was using the AMD Ryzen 7 7700's onboard graphics, while also trying out V10.2, to see if the problem had been resolved.
Indeed, I no longer had any problems with the cursor.
In the meantime, I also decided to change some other things on my computer and ended up not using the graphics card for a while and even reinstalling Windows (11 pro).
Now that I am finally finished rebuilding my PC and reinstalling some of my software on the new Windows install, I wanted to relax a bit and read manga, but...
The cursor problem is back!!
I downloaded and installed the latest YACreader last week, so that's V10.3 now.
My suspicion is that the Nvidia software is somehow not playing nice with YACreader. They do like to 'vibecode' their drivers now, so for all I know, the AI thought it would be a nice idea to mess with whatever graphical settings YAC uses and fudge it up, the moment I turn a page, while on full screen.
That is an important thing to note too! At first, everything seems fine, even going full screen, but when I then turn the page, the cursor starts moving at about 5 fps, or some nonsense like that.
When I exit full screen, the issue is gone again.
As far as the hardware goes, I went from a Ryzen 7700 on an ASUS X670E board, with 32GB RAM and the RTX 4080,
to a Ryzen 9700X on an MSI X870E board, still 32GB RAM and still the RTX 4080.
I don't think the mouse I use matters in this case, but I use either an MX Masters 3S (using Bluetooth, because the bolt receiver is ass), or a Logitech Pro superlight with the included dongle.
Hopefully this helps a bit.
I have the same issue and have had it with the 10.1, 10.2 and 10.3 versions.
The problem started after upgrading to the new V10, so I downgraded to the last V9.xx and no longer experienced any problems with the mouse cursor becoming slow (mostly on full screen).
At some point, I had to remove my graphics card (to change the thermal paste and I also wanted to change out the heatsink).
The card is an Nvidia RTX4080 and while it was out of my system, I was using the AMD Ryzen 7 7700's onboard graphics, while also trying out V10.2, to see if the problem had been resolved.
Indeed, I no longer had any problems with the cursor.
In the meantime, I also decided to change some other things on my computer and ended up not using the graphics card for a while and even reinstalling Windows (11 pro).
Now that I am finally finished rebuilding my PC and reinstalling some of my software on the new Windows install, I wanted to relax a bit and read manga, but...
The cursor problem is back!!
I downloaded and installed the latest YACreader last week, so that's V10.3 now.
My suspicion is that the Nvidia software is somehow not playing nice with YACreader. They do like to 'vibecode' their drivers now, so for all I know, the AI thought it would be a nice idea to mess with whatever graphical settings YAC uses and fudge it up, the moment I turn a page, while on full screen.
That is an important thing to note too! At first, everything seems fine, even going full screen, but when I then turn the page, the cursor starts moving at about 5 fps, or some nonsense like that.
When I exit full screen, the issue is gone again.
As far as the hardware goes, I went from a Ryzen 7700 on an ASUS X670E board, with 32GB RAM and the RTX 4080,
to a Ryzen 9700X on an MSI X870E board, still 32GB RAM and still the RTX 4080.
I don't think the mouse I use matters in this case, but I use either an MX Masters 3S (using Bluetooth, because the bolt receiver is ass), or a Logitech Pro superlight with the included dongle.
Hopefully this helps a bit.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 weeks 2 days ago #10282
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
What’s the resolution of your monitor?
Can you check this build? github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...tag/10.3.1.260920384 In the settings, flow section, enable the software rendered version and restart the app. Does the problem go away?
Can you check this build? github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...tag/10.3.1.260920384 In the settings, flow section, enable the software rendered version and restart the app. Does the problem go away?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeSinner
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- MikeSinner
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Regularly Random
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 1
2 weeks 1 day ago - 2 weeks 23 hours ago #10283
by MikeSinner
Replied by MikeSinner on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
Screen resolution is 3840x1600
I enabled the software rendering and that actually works! (Silly me for not even seeing that option and trying it before.)
Although starting up the library, the mouse cursor can slow down for a moment, but that's it.
It works now, thanks!!
Just goes to show, as usual, that it's fine to let me fiddle with hardware, but when it comes to software...
Well, I'm still better than average with some things, but almost blind with others, like how it literally says, while hovering over that option, that this could help when 'reading is not smooth on your system'!
I was expecting the option to be at the bottom, with the other tick boxes, but I found it after looking over it for a minute or so, kind of like how I was looking for my scissors last night, thinking they were further away from me, but in fact, they were so close to me, right in front of me, they were almost poking my belly!
Facepalm moments galore over here...
Anyway, thanks again. That still seems like an Nvidia (software) caused problem, esepcially seeing as how you'd THINK an RTX4080 would have enough power to do a freaking slidshow of images, but whatever.
Thanks Jensen, again... (Aside from making my hobby of building PCs near impossible, with the stupid AI pushing and collusions with hardware suppliers and such.)
I enabled the software rendering and that actually works! (Silly me for not even seeing that option and trying it before.)
Although starting up the library, the mouse cursor can slow down for a moment, but that's it.
It works now, thanks!!
Just goes to show, as usual, that it's fine to let me fiddle with hardware, but when it comes to software...
Well, I'm still better than average with some things, but almost blind with others, like how it literally says, while hovering over that option, that this could help when 'reading is not smooth on your system'!
I was expecting the option to be at the bottom, with the other tick boxes, but I found it after looking over it for a minute or so, kind of like how I was looking for my scissors last night, thinking they were further away from me, but in fact, they were so close to me, right in front of me, they were almost poking my belly!
Facepalm moments galore over here...
Anyway, thanks again. That still seems like an Nvidia (software) caused problem, esepcially seeing as how you'd THINK an RTX4080 would have enough power to do a freaking slidshow of images, but whatever.
Thanks Jensen, again... (Aside from making my hobby of building PCs near impossible, with the stupid AI pushing and collusions with hardware suppliers and such.)
Last edit: 2 weeks 23 hours ago by MikeSinner. Reason: Changed Nvidia CEO's name to be correct, not Jenson, but Jensen
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #10291
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
Post and edits needs to be manually approved to avoid spam.
The new flow causes the full app go into a 3d rendered surface, and that causes some performance problems once you reach certain resolutions.
Let me know how the library works for you, because the same thing happens there but it doesn't seem to be that bad.
The new flow causes the full app go into a 3d rendered surface, and that causes some performance problems once you reach certain resolutions.
Let me know how the library works for you, because the same thing happens there but it doesn't seem to be that bad.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- MikeSinner
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Regularly Random
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 1
1 week 3 days ago #10292
by MikeSinner
Replied by MikeSinner on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
Indeed, there is also a bit of a hit on the library, but it's functional enough.
I just need to be slightly more careful where I click (or more like, WHEN I click, after I wait for the tiny bit of mouse delay to stop) and after I start up whatever it is I want to read, I can use the reader just fine.
You do get the notification for every post, that you need for moderator approval, I just thought something might have gone wrong, after the first moderation was pretty fast, but then the edit seemed to take much longer.
But it's not like you're running a huge office building with hundreds of people of staff, for something that is offered for free, so I should just have been more patient.
Thanks! For the responses and evertything else. I'm very happy that there are alternatives to big 'tech' companies, that no longer want to sell you products, but only want to 'lease' you their software AND spy on you for better ad targeting in the meantime that you're ALSO paying for them to do that!! They can go climb a big old tree and...
Well, I'm not very fond of this timeline we're in...
So again, thanks to you and everybody else that works to change that reality, even if just slightly!
I just need to be slightly more careful where I click (or more like, WHEN I click, after I wait for the tiny bit of mouse delay to stop) and after I start up whatever it is I want to read, I can use the reader just fine.
You do get the notification for every post, that you need for moderator approval, I just thought something might have gone wrong, after the first moderation was pretty fast, but then the edit seemed to take much longer.
But it's not like you're running a huge office building with hundreds of people of staff, for something that is offered for free, so I should just have been more patient.
Thanks! For the responses and evertything else. I'm very happy that there are alternatives to big 'tech' companies, that no longer want to sell you products, but only want to 'lease' you their software AND spy on you for better ad targeting in the meantime that you're ALSO paying for them to do that!! They can go climb a big old tree and...
Well, I'm not very fond of this timeline we're in...
So again, thanks to you and everybody else that works to change that reality, even if just slightly!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 week 3 days ago #10293
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
Yes I get the moderation mail on every post/edit, so it depends on when I find time to read the forum.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 week 2 days ago #10301
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic full screen mode makes the cursor sluggish
If you have time, could you please test this version? Enable the 3d flow again (remember to restart the app) in the reader and test both apps, the bigger the window the better.
github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...tag/10.3.2.260927398
github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-build...tag/10.3.2.260927398
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: MikeSinner
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel