- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Library as web server...
- kinesia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #1580
by kinesia
Library as web server... was created by kinesia
I was thinking, a really interesting addition to the Library program, in line with the "Browse" feature for iPads, would be to add a web server to the library and let you browse your collection over http if you know your ip and have your firewall and everything set up properly...
(It wouldn't work very well for me since I have ADSL with really bad upload bandwidth, but I just love the general idea...)
(It wouldn't work very well for me since I have ADSL with really bad upload bandwidth, but I just love the general idea...)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- plewylli
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1581
by plewylli
Replied by plewylli on topic Library as web server...
Hi Kinesia,
I think that function's already available.
On top of the comics window in the Library, next to the big question mark, there is the "Show comics server options dialog".
Check it out!
I think that function's already available.
On top of the comics window in the Library, next to the big question mark, there is the "Show comics server options dialog".
Check it out!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kinesia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1582
by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Library as web server...
Ooh, will try the new version tonight then!
(I only found out there was a new version because I came to post this!)
(I only found out there was a new version because I came to post this!)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 2 months ago #1583
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Library as web server...
Right now we do not have a webreader implementation. You can browse the library in your browser, but reading is not possible yet. (Ok, technically you can emulate what the iOS app does, but that's not very comfortable).
This is actually something we are considering to implement but can't tell when it will happen since we still have to solve some technical questions involved.
This is actually something we are considering to implement but can't tell when it will happen since we still have to solve some technical questions involved.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kinesia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1584
by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Library as web server...
Very cool. The browser looks great, shame it can't read things yet! Very glad it's in the works.
Using ie it asked me whether I wanted to open the weird filename and what with, I tried passing it to YacReader itself, but it didn't approve!
Using ie it asked me whether I wanted to open the weird filename and what with, I tried passing it to YacReader itself, but it didn't approve!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 2 months ago #1586
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Library as web server...
It's not really "in the works", we're considering it. That more or less means Luis and I talked about the idea, we liked it and we shared some technical thoughts on it. Right now, we've got our hands covered with other stuff on our to do list and we're really not too keen to start an open heart operation on the webserver code
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kinesia
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1593
by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Library as web server...
Grin. I understand.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago #1596
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library as web server...
Sooner or later there will be a new web interface for remote management, the headless version of YACReaderLibrary is already scheduled and it will need a web UI for managing everything.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 2 months ago #1597
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Library as web server...
Yup, we will have to touch that code in the near future. I kind of see a webreader as a logical extension to the headless mode and a step to be "truly cross-platform".
Right now it's hard to say how much work this interface stuff will be, but I don't expect it to be a smooth transition, at least on our end. On the user's end, we will go by "it's done when it's done", so it will take some time.
Right now it's hard to say how much work this interface stuff will be, but I don't expect it to be a smooth transition, at least on our end. On the user's end, we will go by "it's done when it's done", so it will take some time.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- iamgroot
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 1 month ago #1754
by iamgroot
Replied by iamgroot on topic Library as web server...
In the next version, can we have password protection functionality? The mobile client would pass this encrypted password to the server to get access. This would allow exposing the server to the Internet (assuming the code is rock-solid secure!).
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel