Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

Windows 10 touch version please!

  • cnmcleod
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #3160 by cnmcleod
Windows 10 touch version please! was created by cnmcleod
Please make a windows 10 tablets compatible version. Yacreader library and reader are fantastic but useless with windows 10 tactil hardware!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZeroSigma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #3165 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Windows 10 touch version please!
Yeah, I know this limitation.

The idea is to develop a new app for browsing/read in windows tablets. But so far I don't have enough free time for doing it...

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • cnmcleod
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Junior Member
  • Junior Member
More
9 years 3 months ago #3168 by cnmcleod
Replied by cnmcleod on topic Windows 10 touch version please!
Ok. I understand but at least make Yacreader operative with tactil screens, just page and menu... please...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #4200 by jazucco
Replied by jazucco on topic Windows 10 touch version please!
Any progress on this topic? Stuck using ComicRack which hasn't been updated in forever, but it does provide touch screen navigation on a windows tablet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 days ago #4308 by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic Windows 10 touch version please!
I'm looking at getting a Surface Pro as my next mobile device. I would love to use the YACreader app with that. Will I encounter issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 day ago #4311 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Windows 10 touch version please!

zjDrummond wrote: I'm looking at getting a Surface Pro as my next mobile device. I would love to use the YACreader app with that. Will I encounter issues?


The UI is not really suitable for touch screens. My plan is to create a specific version for touch screens on windows compatible with the current libraries, no ETA yet.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #5356 by redstonegenious
Replied by redstonegenious on topic Windows 10 touch version please!
A new reader would be nice. But can't see why a simple solution be added to the current reader. Can't two bounding boxes be placed in front of the managa page on the reader. And when a touch event is detected inside either box, instigate a page turn. I am not that advanced of a programer, so I may be worng. But that does not sound hard to code in at all.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #5362 by Uutama
Replied by Uutama on topic Windows 10 touch version please!
I just discovered this app and this is literally the only reason I can't use it. It's a shame because there aren't really that many alternatives that have built-in Library features. I currently use ComicRack but the code is so messy that my Surface doesn't like to play well with it.

I think all that would need to be done is allow you to map a keyboard shortcut with the mouse; i.e. Next Page = Left Mouse Click, Previous Page = Double Left Mouse Click. It doesn't need to be as intuitive as swiping features in the app, just enough to get us by until you can create something better. Please, I really want to use your program.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #5437 by FullMetalMaggot
Replied by FullMetalMaggot on topic Windows 10 touch version please!
The Microsoft Surface is one of the best devices to read comics on due to its size and aspect ratio so it is a shame there is as yet no native touch support. Not sure if its been mentioned before but this is the workaround I'm using.
Firstly the UI needs scaling;
1. Right click the running reader app then right click again the YACreader and choose properties
2. Under the compatibility tab click the "Change high DPI settings" button
3. Enable the "Program DPI" check box
4. Enable the "High DPI scaling override" check box and select System (enhanced) from the drop down
5. OK and exit out
This should make the UI size larger and easier to use

Secondly to enable touch support download the free app GestureSign from the the Microsoft store.
This will allow you to map touch gestures to actions and keystrokes in the YACreader app.
I have the following gestures mapped;
  • Two finger swipe left sends the right arrow keystroke, type "{RIGHT}" in the sendkeys text box
  • Two finger swipe right sends the left arrow keystroke, type "{LEFT}" in the sendkeys text box
  • Two finger tap sends the f keystroke, to enable/disable fullscreen, type "f" in the sendkeys text box
  • Three finger tap sends the i keystroke, to enable/disable page count, type "i" in the sendkeys text box
(note: see docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/syst...end?view=netcore-3.1 for the format of other keys you might want to enter)
Thats all I really need to get by, it would be nice to have pinch to zoom but that probably needs support in the app itself.
Also, if you two finger swipe up from the bottom you get a page by page cover flow to browse through the comic which is useful.
Anyway hope that helps someone out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel, ZeroSigma

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 days ago #7112 by ZeroSigma
Replied by ZeroSigma on topic Windows 10 touch version please!
Hey guys has there been any movement on this, I would love to use YAC, it's the fastest PDF/CBR/CBZ reader I've found and also an awesome server, but due to no Windows Touch controls (Microsoft Surface) it's close to useless.
Can't you just add a next/previous page button to the bottom of the screen?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!